TITLE

Selling the fantasy of celebrity chic

AUTHOR(S)
Smalley, Suzanne
PUB. DATE
March 2000
SOURCE
Advertising Age;3/20/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 12, special section ps18
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
This article features H&S Media, a publishing company founded by Harvey Wasserman and Steve Keen in 1990, which obtained success through focusing on newsstand sales and celebrity selling power. Nearly 75% of the sales of the company are derived from newsstand sales, with the remaining 25% coming from subscriptions and advertising. H&S continues to grow, from having 60 employees in 1999 to a staff of 150 by the end of 2000. According to Wasserman, one of the keys to successful newsstand sales is to be the first product on the market. H&S has carved a niche for itself as a publisher of one-shot publications that capitalize on of-the-moment events. These one-shot magazines are the trademarked Gold Collectors Series Entertainment Magazines of H&S.
ACCESSION #
2906970

 

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics