New Mexico City council refuses IRBs for chicken plant
- Artesia, N.M., approves IRB ordinance. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/23/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30378, p4
Reports on the industrial revenue bond in Artesia, New Mexico to fund Nuchik Inc.'s chicken processing plant project. Meetings to determine the merits of authorizing the actual sale of the bonds; Comments from city officials.
- Artesia, N.M., may stop big IRB issue for chicken plant. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30458, p4
Reports on the plan by city officials of Artesia, New Mexico to halt a $189-million industrial revenue bond issue for a chicken processing plant. Failure of city officials to negotiate with Nuchik Inc.; Issues that must be addressed for the negotiations to succeed.
- Agreement in Artesia, N.M. brings chicken plant one step closer to bonds. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30470, p3
Reports that Nuchik Inc., which seeks $210 million in industrial revenue bonds to build a chicken-processing plant in Artesia, New Mexico, has approved a performance agreement to let the bond sale go forward. Regulatory approval for the project; Piper Jaffray Inc.'s role in the bond deal;...
- New Mexico City Wants to See Names Before Chicken Bonds Go Through. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p5
Reports that the city of Artesia, New Mexico, may not give final approval for the sale of up to $210 million of industrial revenue bonds for a chicken-processing plant as previously expected. Previous schedule for a final approval by mid-October 1998 expected by Nuchik Inc.; Artesia city's...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.