Advest official gets SIA N.Y.-N.J. post
- Advest's David Weprin is at the heart of the firm's major expansion in N.Y. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30277, p1
Discusses the role of Advest Inc. managing director David Weprin on the company's expansion. Co-management of New York deals; Enhancement of the firm's position in the municipal market; Concentration on the improvement of its secondary trading coverages; Weprin's plans for the company.
- Securities industry consensus getting harder to reach. Weiser, Irving // American Banker;11/19/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 223, p15
Examines the changing membership of the Securities Industry Association and its implications on the group's agenda. History of the organization; Percentage of the group's membership coming from unaffiliated securities firms; Number of standing committees by the group.
- SIA seeks flexibility. Williamson, Christine; Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;5/26/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p25
Looks at the request by the Securities Industry Association (SIA) for measures which would make it easier for investors to move their money between load mutual funds distributed by brokers and no-load mutual funds offered directly by mutual fund companies. Information on a SIA survey.
- Chastened Street pledges clean up. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;1/3/94, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the Securities Industry Association's pledge to address the problems of the industry. Key problems; Core of the problem; Biggest scandal; Statistics on brokers working at three firms during their career and brokers having switched firms more than once; Signing bonuses as one of the...
- Securities Industry Assn. creates lobbying panel for 3d-party marketers. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;5/19/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 96, p8
Reports on the Securities Industry Association's creation of a committee of executives from third-party marketing firms to help monitor proposed legislation and study related business trends. Comments by member executives about their representation on various proposed rules and legislation;...
- Standing with Israel. // Washington Jewish Week;9/22/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 38, p25
The author argues that the loss of Jewish, pro-Israel Democrat David Weprin to a non-Jewish Republican in a Jewish and Democratic district does not mean that U.S. President Barack Obama has lost favor with the Jews because of his Jewish problem, noting his backing of Israel at the United Nations.
- T+1 on Schedule, But Likely in a T+3 Environment. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;04/23/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p13
Details the preference of the Securities Industry Association for T+1 settlement in the United States. Strategy of implementation; Identification of building blocks forming the foundation for next-day settlement; Feasibiltiy of the settlement.
- T+1 Postponed to 2004. // On Wall Street;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p20
States that June 2004 is the scheduled date for the securities industry's conversion to next-day settlement. Information on T+1; Value of unsettled trades, according to the Securities Industry Association.
- A bridge builder to government opportunity. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;03/17/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the National Security Industrial Association (NSIA) in the United States. How NSIA aids companies in the defense business; How companies are helped with procurement, procurement laws, legislative actions, and technological changes in government; Comments from Robin Felix, president...