Lott persuaded to delay vote on Internet tax freeze
- Lott: Local officials' concerns a big factor. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30348, p5
Reports on US Senate Majority leader Trent Lott's announcement of a no quick vote on the Internet Tax Freedom Act sponsored by Senator Ron Wyden. Effect of the act on states and municipalities' power to collect sales taxes.
- Internet tax resolution creates stir, questions. Nelson, Matthew; Holt, Stannie // InfoWorld;03/02/98, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
Focuses on the reaction of online vendors to the resolution that would tax Internet transactions, which came out of the National Governors' Association meeting in Washington, D.C. Terms of the resolution; Assessment of technology industry members of the move; Questions raised by online vendors...
- The only thing inevitable... Skillman, Brad // Accounting Technology;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the differing approaches of states concerning the taxation of Internet commerce. California's hands-off policy toward Internet taxation; Texas' taxation of access to the Internet and information and software downloaded from a server; Issue of which state receives the money arising...
- State, local officials hold the line against proposed Internet tax moratorium. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p4
No abstract available.
- 2 Tax and the Internet. // Hume Papers on Public Policy;1999, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on the taxation of the Internet. Principles of tax law; Direct and indirect taxation; Alternative forms of taxation.
- Tax dodgers over the Internet. // National Public Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p6
Looks at how Congress is treating the issue of taxation of the Internet and electronic commerce. Introduction of bills to prohibit Internet taxes; Australian Taxation Office's report on the use of the Internet for electronic commerce.
- Free Lunch Ending? Brown, Doug // Interactive Week;2/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p16
Deals with the debate on whether to tax electronic commerce in the United States (U.S.). Deadline faced by the U.S. Congress on the issue; Details on a legislation that would give states taxing authority over online sales; Information on the Internet Tax Moratorium.
- Treasury doesn't want new taxes to impede Internet transactions. // Practical Accountant;Jan97, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p54
Reports on the issuance by the US Treasury Department of a selected tax policy paper on global electronic commerce that says new communication technologies should not be impeded. Application of the principle of neutrality in the development of substantive tax policy and administration;...
- Cyber Taxes: Yea or Nay? Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/21/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31143, p1
Reports on the legislative battle concerning Internet taxation in the United States. Growth of Internet-based sales that escape taxation; Effects of online sales on state revenues.