Election in Cook County, Ill., could hinge on hospital issue
- Stroger's Hospital. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31291, p29
Reports on the decision to name the hospital of Cook County, Illinois after Board President John Stroger where he took treatment. Support provided by Stroger for the facility; Person who suggested the name of Stroger for the hospital; Appreciation received by Stroger for the works performed by him.
- Chicago's John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital Of Cook County Opens To The Public. // Jet;1/6/2002, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the opening to the public of the John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County in Chicago, Illinois.
- County might build new hospital. // AHA News;9/25/95, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p5
Reports on Cook County Board president John Stroger's plan to build a new hospital in Chicago, Illinois.
- Hospital In Chicago Named To Honor County Commissioners Board President John Stroger. // Jet;1/14/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p10
Reports that the Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, will be named for John Stroger, president of the Cook County Board of Commissioners and commissioner of the fourth district.
- Firms angle for hospital. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;7/3/95, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the search for a firm that will oversee construction of the Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. Search finalists; Political ties of Cook County Board President John H. Stroger.
- County Board should reject Stroger budget. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/10/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p12
This article reports that before taking money out of taxpayers' pockets, government has the responsibility to do what it reasonably can to limit its spending. The $3.05-billion fiscal 2005 budget proposed last week by Cook County, Illinois Board President John Stroger fails that standard....
- Putting her beliefs into action. Finkel, Ed // Modern Healthcare;3/1/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, pH4
Profiles Healthcare Hall of Fame inductee Ruth Rothstein. Accomplishments of Rothstein; Positions held in various hospitals in the U.S.; Remarks of John Stroger, president of the Cook County Board of the Cook County Bureau of Health Services on Rothstein.
- Stroger's fiscal austerity plan starts with a whimper. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/12/97, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p10
Opinion. Reports on the proposal of John Stroger, president of the Cook County Board in Chicago, Illinois to the General Assembly and Governor Jim Edgar on the early retirement of county and Forest Preserve employees. Information on the county government deficit for fiscal 1998.
- Cook County Offers $2.9 Billion Bond-Free Budget Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31503, p3
Reports that Cook County, Illinois, Board President John Stroger unveiled a proposed 2.9 billion dollar budget that includes several million dollars in additional spending in 2003 as of October 30, 2002. Arrangement through which the increase in spending would be offset; Percentage increase...