President expected to name lawyer director of a new housing agency
- Housing: Congress Clears HUD Spending Bill; Bush Expected to Sign $30B Package. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p4
Focuses on the provisions of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's multi-billion-dollar spending bill for the fiscal year starting October 1, 2001. Authorization of the creation of thousands of section 8 rental assistance vouchers; Amount allocated for U.S. President George W....
- Sides Debate Section 8. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p1
Focuses on the impact of the Section 8 program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on housing market. Benefits of multifamily rental property owners; Factors contributing to the decline of affordable housing inventory; Notion of the government in changing the contract.
- HUD adds union partner. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the deal signed by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development with construction unions to provide training and jobs for public housing residents. Demonstration programs; Grants for the training; Reaction to the program.
- HUD and unions have a chance to revitalize lives and buildings. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p118
Editorial. Lauds the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development's partnership agreement with the private sector. Setting up of demonstration programs to provide environmental training and job opportunities to public housing residents; Advantages of the cooperative venture.
- HUD streamlines field structure. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the streamlining of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) regional operations. Appointment of new leaders for housing and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) field offices; New organizational structure as part of Vice President Gore's National...
- HUD implements a new financial management system. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the new financial management system known as Housing and Urban Development Central Accounting Program System (HUDCAPS) in 53 Housing and Urban Development Area Offices. HUDCAPS as a control on Section 8 program funding.
- HUD upgrades the Office of Public Affairs' bulletin board. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun96, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p3
Reports that the US Department of Housing and Urban Development has made improvements to its Bulletin Board Service which is maintained by the agency's Office of Public Affairs.
- Life without HUD: Can H/CD agencies survive in a deregulated environment? // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun96, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p23
Presents the views of seven housing and community development directors on deregulation of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and their ability to survive without HUD. Continuation of service without operating subsidy for low rent public housing; Impact of the Brooke...
- HUD report: Strong economy worsens housing crisis. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p3
Cites the findings of a United States Department of Housing and Urban Development report on housing. Worsening of the crisis-level shortage in affordable housing; Increase in waiting lists for public and assisted housing; Increase in market rents.