Senator seeks White House electricity plan
- Seeking consensus. Warner, Edward // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the efforts of senator Frank Murkowski to develop a compromise restructuring bill for the electric industry in the United States. Decision to remove the bill out of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee; Importance of restructuring to waste-to-energy producers; Concerns of...
- Senate Energy Chairman Advocates Reform Bill, But Pushes Compromise. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30684, p14
Reports on Senator Frank Murkowski's push for electricity restructuring legislation in the United States. Mandates affecting states and local governments; Compromise on a comprehensive deal.
- EDUCATING FEDDIE. Rosin, Hanna // New Republic;02/03/97, Vol. 216 Issue 5, p11
Discusses several issues concerning the nomination of Federico PeÃ±a as Secretary of Energy by U.S. President Bill Clinton in February 1997. Efforts of administration staff members to educate PeÃ±a on energy issues to pass his confirmation hearings; Qualifications sought by Senate Committee...
- Power broker. Silverstein, Ken // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the efforts of United States Senator Frank Murkowski in advocating utility deregulation. Background on the Murkowski fundraiser hosted by Richard Snell, head of Pinnacle West; Allegations of Snell against public utilities; Account on the letters sent by Murkowski to Treasury...
- WASHINGTON OBSERVER. Winston, Sherie; Ichinowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/03/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 1, p11
Reports on various developments related to the state and engineering industries as of July 3, 2000. Spate of amendments attached by Republican lawmakers to fiscal 2001 spending bills to block Clinton administration programs they disapprove of; Decision of Senate Energy and Natural Resources...
- Change Senator's Bill to Allow for Competitiveness, LPPC Says. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;04/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30869, p6
Reports on Senator Frank Murkowski's electric power legislation to allow municipal utilities to compete in a deregulated electricity market in the United States. Modifications needed in proposals governing the formation of regional transmission organizations; Tax treatment of municipal power bonds.
- ELECTRIC UTILITY BILL INTRODUCED. // Coal Age;May2000, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on a legislation introduced by United States Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee Chairman Frank Murkowski for the electric power industry. Goal of the legislation; Provisions under the bill.
- Murkowski bill proposes electricity industry reforms. // Electric Light & Power;Mar2001, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the plans of Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce a legislative bill for the electricity industry in the United States. Goal of the bill to reduce the dependency of the industry on imported petroleum; Provisions of the bill.
- Two Key Senators Split on Restructuring. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/22/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30918, p6
Reports on disagreements between United States Senators Frank Murkowski and Jeff Bingaman over key electricity issues. Treatment of federal and state jurisdiction of electricity transmission and of renewable energy resources; Congressional effort to restructure the electric industry in 2000; US...