Gaining PARITY: Dalcomp purchases electronic bid system to exploit Internet
- Where is Dalcomp? New product awaits inaugural deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;08/19/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30460, p26
Focuses on expectations for the modified electronic bid submission system for the municipal bond market from Dalcomp Inc., following the company's acquisition of the PARITY system in February 1998. Details of Dalcomp's planned system; Availability of the system; Comparison with systems from...
- Dalcomp uses Internet to open gateway to electronic order-entry system. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;05/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30392, p36
Discloses that Dalcomp Inc. is broadening the availability of its municipal book-running system's order-entry feature. Companies using the system; Advantages of using the system over a telephone.
- Market keen on Dalcomp acquisition, expanded platform for Internet deals. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30343, p34
Reports on Dalcomp Inc.'s acquisition of the PARITY electronic bidding system from 21st Century Municipals that signals the maturity and expansion of the Internet bidding. Dalcomp's launching of its Internet bidding platform based on the PARITY system; Concerns about Internet bidding.
- Dalcomp's electronic bidding system set to debut with Wisconsin Go deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;08/21/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30462, p1
Reports on the debut of Dalcomp's electronic bidding system for the municipal bond market, with Wisconsin's issuance of a general obligation (GO) deal on September 9, 1998. Criteria established by Wisconsin which bidding systems must meet; System's integration of the PARITY and Bidcomp bidding...
- Sealed Bids Invited. The TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p32
Presents information pertaining to sealed bids invited in the U.S. as of February 26, 2002.
- Learning from DSM's first-generation bid results. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Sep94, Vol. 208 Issue 9, p37
Offers a look at the demand-side management (DSM) bidding programs. Demand reductions; Competition; Proposals; Levelizes total resource costs. INSET: Virginia Power tests the DSM bidding waters..
- Low-bid rejection requires justification. Parvin, Cordell // Roads & Bridges;Sep96, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the law on highway construction bidding in the United States. Exceptions to the rule that the project should be awarded to the lowest bidder; `Arbitrary and capricious' decision of the Department of Transportation (DOT) in `Harmony Construction Inc. v. State of Delaware (DOT); Reasons...
- Jensen, Myers-Majluf, free cash flow and the returns to bidders. McCabe, George M.; Yook, Ken C. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Fall97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p697
Investigates bidder returns using two theories which would predict positive returns to bidders in cash acquisitions. Findings over the cash flow of bidders; What has been shown in previous research on returns to bidders.
- Developers play it close to the vest at casino conference. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the holding of a preproposal conference in Hartford, Conn. for potential casino developers. Handling of the conference by the office of Gov. John G. Rowland.