Boston officials seek legal advice for convention center deal
- Nebraska near passing Omaha convention center bill. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;05/19/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30644, p23
Reports that Nebraska lawmakers moved a step closer to passing a bill that would provide about a third of the money Omaha needs to build a convention center project. Value of the project; Preliminary victories of the bill; General obligation bond issue; Funding mechanism.
- D.C. Council crafts convention hall bill to fill funding gap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30246, p1
Reports on the proposed legislation that would revise the tax arrangement to fund a planned convention center project in Washington, D.C. Funding shortfall addressed by the bill; Structuring of a bond sale under the proposed measure; Criticisms on the project's costs.
- Conventional tactics. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;07/19/99, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p1
Discloses the controversy regarding the introduction of a legislative bill that would ban the Nevada's Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority's ability to use federal tax-exempt bonds to finance a planned expansion on the city's convention center. Conflict of interest between Venetian...
- DeLay bill 'not going anywhere,' says Gibbons. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;08/30/99, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p9
Focuses on United States Representative Joe Gibbons' comments concerning House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's proposed legislation that prohibits the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance a convention center expansion in Las Vegas, Nevada. Impact of the bill on the Nevada gaming industry; Efforts of...
- A defining moment for Frank O'Bannon. McDaniel, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4B
Comments on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's vetoing of a bill that would allow Marion County government to finance the expansion of the Indiana Convention Center. Creation of poisoned political atmosphere; Influence of inexperienced and overzealous public relations staff.
- McCormick prices: Whoâ€™s not to blame? Loepp, Don // Plastics News;6/27/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p0006
The article reports on the decision of Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. (SPI) to move its 2012 and 2015 shows from McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois to Orlando, Florida. It states that a report of James Ylisela Jr. of "Crain's Chicago Business," refered to high cost of exhibit due to...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.