Sales tax to back $25 million of bonds for McAllen, Tex
- Mayor, Council Members Close on Deal To Fix Budget With Bevy of New Taxes. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p5
Reports the plans of the council members and city mayor to impose an increase for income and sales tax rates in Washington D.C. Creation of budget-balancing plan; Suitability of proposed tax rates on outstanding out-of-state municipal bonds; Provision of temporary surcharge on cigarette taxes.
- Atlantans OK Sewer Tax. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33676, p7
The article reports on the public approval of the plan of Atlanta, Georgia to renew a sales tax supporting the city's water and sewer system with 86% of votes approved of the one-cent municipal option sales tax that would total to 750 million dollars of projects through 2016.
- Virginia Governor Signs $10 Billion Worth of Bond Bills. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p3
Reports the signing of a bill on municipal bond issuance by Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner. Increase of local sales tax rates; Amount of bonds issued; List of the bond-related bills.
- San Mateo County, Calif., Transit Readies $215 Million Refunding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p3
Reports on the business plans of San Mateo County Transit District in California to issue enough money in refunding sales tax bonds. Estimate of expenses to the expansion of a San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District rail line; Assessment of the level debt service payments; Factors...
- STAR changes Sought. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p31
The article reports on Olathe, Kansas officials' call for changes in the state law regarding sales tax revenue bonds that would give them the economic development tools they say they need to build and lease a major league soccer complex. The city leaders have asked the Kansas Senate Commerce...
- Virginia Assembly Ponders Transportation Authority, Tax. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p43
Reports on proposed bills that may impact the municipal bond market in Virginia. Two Senate committees' approval of legislation aimed at easing traffic congestion in northern Virginia; Senate Finance Committee's approval of a bill that would eliminate sales tax on some school clothing and supplies.
- Cook County, Ill., loses a ruling, sells a deal, wonders what to say. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;09/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30469, p1
Focuses on the Cook County Circuit Court ruling saying that the legislation authorizing the county to institute the sales tax has violated the Illinois Constitution. Impact on the county's bond issue; Significance of the court ruling on the pricing of the county's general obligation bonds;...
- Bixby Mulls $20M in Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p27
The article reports that the city council of Bixby, Oklahoma plans to issue bonds that will be backed by property and sales taxes. The bonds will fund road improvements around schools and soccer and baseball facilities.
- Fayetteville's 4 Questions. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p33
The article focuses on the report unveiled by Fayetteville, Arkansas officials that will educate residents about a sales tax bond election. A new quarter-cent sales tax and the extension of an existing three-quarter-cent sales tax for approximately five years are included in the sales tax...