New Mexico awash in flurry of bond activity
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p31
Presents news items related to trends in the bond market in various parts of the United States. U.S. Administration's approval of a bill that would send up to $ 55 million in oil royalties to the general fund; Voluntary reduction of the salaries of various state officials, legislators, and...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31510, p35
Presents that status of various laws and legislations related to bonds in the U.S. Existing laws as of November 2002; Proposed Law; Ongoing discussions on these laws in legislative houses of the country.
- TBMA Pushes for Private-Activity Bond Volume Cap Legislation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30951, p5
Reports on the Bond Market Association's promotion of legislation that would boost the private-activity bond volume cap by 50 percent in 2001 in the United States. Action of the U.S. Congress on tax-credit bonds; Other bond-related proposals.
- TBMA pushes school construction measure. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p6
Reports that the Bond Market Association is asking Senators to back a school-construction private activity bond bill in the United States. Creation of a separate category of private-activity bonds for school construction.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33481, p7
The article presents the top 10 stories at www.bondbuyer.com including the decline of the U.S. municipal bond market, imposition of fine to Southwest Securities Inc., and the introduction of a bill that will reinstate Build America Bonds.
- Dallas Development Authority Readies Its First Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p4
The article reports on the 50.8 million dollars negotiated sale in taxable bonds of the new Downtown Dallas Development Authority. The transaction marks the debut of the entity in the debt market, and it was believed that the sale will benefit a private development in downtown Dallas. The...
- Observers Fret over "144a for Life". Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/25/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the concerns raised by observers in the high yield bond market over the issuance of 144a for life. Their primary concern is over reporting of deals or the lack of such deals in the wake of a change to Rule 144 of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 which took effect on...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;1/2/2007, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p7
The article provides updates on the status of various legislative bills on the bond market in the U.S. There has been no legislation introduce on the elimination of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadiums for professional teams. The Coal-based Generation Improvement Act and Clean Coal...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p8
Presents a legislative report related to the bond market in the United States as of January 20, 2001. Provision of the Public School Construction Partnership Act which allows state and local governments to issue governmental purpose bonds to finance public school construction; Private-use bond...