Report: Boomers' retirement could hit California hard
- Heading off the retirement crisis. Weidenbaum, Murray // Christian Science Monitor;2/19/98, Vol. 90 Issue 58, p19
Opinion. Discusses the financial problem the United States will face when the bulk of the baby boom generation retires. The funding liabilities that Social Security and Medicare will face; Understanding the dimensions of the problem; Why privatization is a viable option which deserves...
- ECONOMY IMPACTS Boomers' Attitudes Toward Retirement. // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p6
The article offers on the findings of the "Baby Boomers Envision What's Next" report that Baby Boomers have lowered their expectations for retirement due to personal aging and declining economy.
- The retirement prospects of the baby boom generation. Radner, Daniel B. // Social Security Bulletin;1998, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p3
Examines the financial prospects of the baby boom generation in the United States in their elderly years. Comparison of the retirement status of baby boomers to their predecessors; Size of the baby boom generation; Diversity of the economic status of the generation; Comparisons of baby boomers...
- Where have all the flowers gone? Sunoo, Brenda Paik; Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Mar96, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the savings for retirement of the baby boomers in the United States in a survey conducted by Putnam Investments. Important sources of information regarding retirement savings; Impact of the growth of employer-sponsored 401(k) plans on retirement savings.
- WILL AGING BOOMERS BUST THE ASSET MARKET? // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2001 Second Quarter, p31
Discusses research on the impact of baby-boomers' retirement on stock prices in the United States. Reference to a study by Andrew B. Abel; Contradiction against the asset-market-meltdown hypothesis.
- Redefining retirement: The baby boomer challenge. Dennis, Helen; Migliaccio, John // Generations;Summer97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p45
Discusses the financial challenges of retirement faced by the United States baby boom generation. Priority areas of the Redefining Retirement Initiative; Includes economic security, health and quality of life; Relationship between home ownership and wealth.
- Heads, you lose. Tails, you don't win. Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;Aug95, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p8
Discusses the effect on the pension system of the retirement of the Baby Boom generation. Publication by the Committee for Economic Development (CED) of the report `Who Will Pay for Your Retirement? The Looming Crisis'; Ratio between workers and retirees; CED policy recommendations to avert the...
- 'Tsunami' of business sales coming soon. Etzkorn, Kevin // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p11A
In this article the author discusses impact of the retirements of the baby boomers and the economic opportunity it will present on business sales and the U.S. and global economy, which will likely create about five trillion dollars in liquidity by 2015
- Baby boomer snapshot. // Money Management;3/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p2
A chart is presented that lists statistics on retirement funds by individuals belonging to the baby boom generation.