Massachusetts unveils new stadium plan
- History Quest. // Current Events;1/21/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p2
Presents a quiz offering facts about a sports stadium, from which readers are encouraged to guess the name of the stadium. Number of years the facility has been in operation; When the facility hosted the first professional baseball game; Significance of a painted seat in the right field...
- Pepsi-Cola wins second stadium account. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/28/95, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p46
Reports that Pepsi-Cola was awarded the soft-drink contract at Foxboro Stadium in Massachusetts.
- Patriots stadium funding prospects dim. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;07/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30445, p6
Reports on the dwindling support of lawmakers in Massachusetts to finance the funding of the construction of a stadium for the New England Patriots football team. Attitude of House Speaker Thomas M. Finneran to the use of public funds for the sports arenas; Criticism to Senate version of the...
- Fenway Park. Broomfield, Charles // Teen Ink;Sep2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p46
The author reflects on some of the great things about being at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts, home of the Boston Red Sox baseball team. He feels like he belongs there as the crowd of 30,000 and him are in the stadium for the same reason. During the pre-game warm-ups, he searches for...
- Toxic Turnabouts. Ryan, Karen-Lee // Planning;Dec98, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the redevelopment of abandoned industrial sites in the United States. Details on the two stadiums which are being built in Lowell, Massachusetts in 1998; Selection of the City of Lowell as one of Brownfield Assessment Demonstration Pilots; Transformation of the remnants of a...
- Biathalon yes, bobsled no. Hutchinson, Brian // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/13/94, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p33
Alleges that bureaucratic bungling is to blame for a series of sports facilities in Calgary that are currently seeing little or no use. Thoughts about the Canada Olympic Park (COP); Moves by the federal government in Ottawa.
- Bob Rodale Cycling & Fitness Park. // Bicycling;Jul93, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p16
Discusses how construction will begin on Bob Rodale Cycling & Fitness Park this summer. Nearly 100 acres of woodland containing a pair of one-mile paved loops; Available for recreational riding and criterium racing; Adjacent to Lehigh County Velodrome, built from land and money donated by...
- Disney dealing. // Business News New Jersey;08/07/96, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p3
Reports that Walt Disney World hired Integrated Sports International, a sports marketing company in East Rutherford, New Jersey, to serve as its agent in getting sponsors for its International Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. When the complex was expected to open; Spring training...
- 72 suites, 3,000 new seats to keep the home team. Rosenbaum, David // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/28/97, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p33
Features the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in California. Number of seats added to the sports facility; Estimated cost of the renovations made on the coliseum; Funding sources of the project; Changes made in the old interior of the facility.