New Mexico increases highway proposal
- Time running out on breaks for hiring workers from welfare rolls. Calder, Chad // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/18/98, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p10
Discusses the Welfare-to-Work credit under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Provisions of the Work Opportunity credit; Comments from business owners who have hired former welfare recipients; Companies that have taken advantage of the credit.
- Clinton on the high road. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;3/13/95, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the concern of United States President Bill Clinton regarding the passage of a welfare overhaul bill in the closing days of the House Republican Contract With America. Reactions to tax cuts on programs important to him; Lowering of proposed family tax; Remarks on Republican and...
- Finanzierung der BÃ¼rgergesellschaft. Erfolgreiche finanzpolitische AnsÃ¤tze in der aktuellen Legislaturperiode. Hörning, Ulrich; Müller, Klaus-Dieter // Neue Soziale Bewegungen;sep2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p106
The article discusses the German legislative period of 2009 and the positive developments that were forthcoming for public welfare groups of private religious, and social organizations. The contents of a key appropriation statute to finance public welfare are summarized. Provisions of the law...
- The contract on Black America. Rangel, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;2/11/95, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p13
Criticizes the United States Republican Party's `Contract with America' proposals to cut taxes and instigate welfare reform. Reduction of taxes for the wealthiest people; Funding of programs relied on by African-Americans; Welfare proposals; Contract's effects on the life of Black Americans.
- the new statesman BLING BLING LIST. Kampfner, John // New Statesman;3/7/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4730, p10
Reports that the super-rich have done the best under Labour as the top one percent have seen their wealth rise at an incredible rate. Labour's record with the poor which is commendable but inequitable when compared to the very rich; Figures from the Office for National Statistics that 600,00...
- Michigan looks ahead to federal reform. Miller, Gerald H. // Public Welfare;Spring96, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the planned implementation of welfare reform in the state of Michigan. Change of the Michigan Department of Social Services to Family Independence Agency and the Aid to Families with Dependent Children to Family Independence Program; Focus on the protection of children from abuse and...
- Welfare Reform: Doing Well, Trying to Do Better. Tweedie, Jack // State Legislatures;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on welfare reform legislation in the U.S. Plan of Arkansas legislators regarding welfare reform in the state; Information on the decline in the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families spending in Mississippi; Details on the increase in welfare caseloads.
- Welfare-reform bills heat up privatization issue. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;03/24/97, Vol. 6 Issue 52, p19
Reports on two welfare-reform bills in state legislature to radically change Arizona's welfare system. Expansion of the cash-assistance program; Representations of the bill on the attempt to revamp the state's welfare system; Goal of moving more recipients into jobs; Provision of limited...
- Reporting new hires voluntary until 1998. // South Carolina Business Journal;Feb97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the introduction of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996 requiring all states to create a mandatory new hire reporting program. Aim of facilitating collection of child support and detecting fraud in the receipt of unemployment benefits.