TBMA intervenes in Orange County case
- Merrill continues making payouts. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug97, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p12
Reports on Merrill Lynch settlement with Orange County, California on its alleged blowout of the Orange County's investments in 1994. How Merill admitted no guilt in the Orange County case; Remarks of Merill Lynch about its settlement with Orange County.
- Orange suit dismissed. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/23/95, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p38
Reports on the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by Orange County, California against Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Flaws in the county's suit.
- Merrill Lynch pays for losses. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul98, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p16
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s payment of losses incurred by Orange County, California due to futures losses. Extent of the losses recovered by the county through lawsuits it filed against Merrill Lynch and other firms; Merrill Lynch's justification for refusing to acknowledge any...
- Merrill antes up $25 million to Codelco. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on the settlement of the lawsuit alleging how Merrill Lynch and Company had known the unusual trades of Codelco company's trader Juan Pablo Davila. Amount paid by Merrill; Comment by Stephen Younger, an attorney for Codelco; How Davila is now serving jail term in Santiago,...
- Will Holdout States Spoil Merrill Pact With N.Y.? Julavits, Robert // American Banker;8/29/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 166, p1
Reports that as many as seven U.S. states are holding out of a $100 million settlement pact with Merrill Lynch & Co. which offered the firm to resolve all state legal problems associated with the probe. Announcement of the settlement by New York Attorney General after the investigation of the...
- Court Kills ARS Suit vs. Merrill. // American Banker;4/5/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 51, p2
The article reports that U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska in Manhattan, New York City has dismissed a lawsuit brought by investors in auction-rate securities (ARS) against Merrill Lynch and Company for allegedly manipulating the ARS market.
- Reviews of court decisions. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Sep94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p97
Offers information on the case Robert Zink versus Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Incorporated. Vacatur of arbitration awards; Application of the Federal Arbitration Act to the dispute; Contract interpretation.
- Lovells sees off claim against Merrill Lynch. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the victory of Lovells law firm in defending the sex discrimination claim for Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. filed by investment banker Stephanie Villalba in Great Britain. Details of the decision of a Crydon employment tribunal on the case; Basis of the alleged sex discrimination; Schedule...
- Dismissed: Suits vs. Merrill, Goldman, CS. // American Banker;7/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 126, p20
States that investor lawsuits against Merrill Lynch & Co. and analyst Henry Blodget were dismissed. Background on the case accusing them of issuing biased research on two companies, 24/7 Real Media Inc. and Interliant Inc.