Textron Automotive's Advantage: Building Things
- Who Will Buy Textron? Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;May2001, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p7
Editorial. Speculates on the sale of the automobile instrument panel supplier Textron. Terms of the sale; Assets of the company; Potential buyers of the company.
- Textron proposes profitability wager. // Plastics News;8/7/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the plan of Textron Automotive Co. to split engineering and development costs with its subsuppliers. Rebate programs of the company.
- Textron Automotive seeks to shift costs to suppliers. Miel, Rhoda // Automotive News;7/24/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5885, p62
Discusses the plan of Textron Automotive Co. to share the cost of developing new systems for automakers. Plan that splits the cost of designing and winning contracts for auto parts; Concerns expressed by some subsuppliers.
- Textron plant finds bright future in fire's wake. Pryweller, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;01/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the improvements made by Textron Automotive Co. to its Westland, Michigan molding plant following a fire tragedy in 1997. Casualties from the fire; Improvements in efficiency and production; History of the company; Introduction of headliners in the market.
- Textron plots growth in Japan. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;12/13/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5852, p20
Reports on automobile supplies firm Textron Automotive Co.'s plan to expand its business operations in Japan as of December 13, 1999. Company background; Company's search for a manufacturing partner in Japan. INSET: Licavoli: `We have to have partnerships in Asia'.
- Textron buying into Brazil firm. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;6/12/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Textron Automotive Co.'s acquisition of a majority stake in Plascar Industria e Comercio Ltda. Sales of Textron Automotive in 1999; Nature of business of the two companies.
- Valeo, Textron announce cockpit tie-up. Miel, Rhoda // Automotive News Europe;08/14/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the proposed joint venture of France's Valeo SA and Textron Automotive Co. of the United States that aims to become a top supplier of complete cockpit modules. Opportunity of each company from the joint venture; Comments from Valeo's Andre Navarri; Other business partners of Valeo.
- Textron to buy majority stake in Brazilian instrument-panel maker. // Crain's Detroit Business;06/19/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p19
Reports on Textron Automotive Co.'s plans to purchase of a stake in Plascar Industria e Comerico Ltda. in an effort to expand its presence in Brazil's automotive parts market.
- Trim deal boosts Collins' capabilities. Miel, Rhoda // Automotive News;8/13/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5943, p38
Reports on Collins & Aikman Corp.'s plan of acquiring Textron Automotive Co.'s trim unit. Purchase price; Boosting of Collins & Aikman's capability to mold varied car components; Aim of turning the company into the prime contractor for automotive interiors.