Cutting Tools for Powertrain Applications: A Quick Look At Some Recent Developments
- Reamer-Sizer. // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;11/21/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 12, p12
The article evaluates the Super Reamer, a reamer-sizer from Atlanta Special Products company and offers information on key features and on how to use the product.
- KITCHEN GADGETS. // Australian Women's Weekly;Jun2003, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p193
Presents several kitchen tools. Avocado slicer; Citrus reamer; Bulb Baster; Garlic peeler; Ginger grater; Oyster knife.
- REPAIR, REUSE AND SAVE WITH REED PPR FITTING REAMERS. // National Provisioner;Feb2014, Vol. 228 Issue 2, p37
The article offers brief information on the PPR Fitting Reamers for vent lines, drain lines, and water lines from Reed Manufacturing Co.
- RIDGID Adds Tool Line for Cutting Stainless Steel. // Pumper;Aug2008, p100
The article presents a comparison of cutting tools for stainless steel from RIDGID Tool Co. including the Model 35S stainless steel tubing cutter and models 227S/223S inner-outer reamers.
- NEW TOOLING SOLUTIONS. Benes, Jim // American Machinist;Dec2006, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p26
The article features several cutting tools from Iscar Metals Inc. which include the Index H-Ream line of indexable single-edged reamers, Tangplunge side plungers and deep drilling tool.
- High Speed Reamers With Replaceable Inserts. Bramlet, Christy R. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2005, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p178
Evaluates the Reamax reamers from Komet of America Inc. Advantages to machining; Information on its design; Reduction in the cycle time for reaming.
- KNUCKLING DOWN. WEBZELL, STEED // MWP;Mar2011, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p58
The article explores modern machining strategies for steering knuckles. On aluminum-alloy knuckles, PCD-tipped or DLC-coated tools work with higher speeds than uncoated carbide. Traditionally, a knuckle's main bearing hole was finished using boring bars but restricted feed slows the process. To...
- High precision, high feed. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);10/ 5/2012, p360
The article focuses on the Horn System DR range of high productivity high precision insert-based modular reamers for use with steels, castings, non-ferrous materials and plastics. It was produced under licence from Urma AG. Comments from Mike Green of Horn Cutting Tools are presented. It...
- Indexable Reamers satisfy broad range of applications. // New Equipment Digest;Oct2005, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p95
The article informs that Valenite LLC's Modco PI reamers offer a wide selection of blade types and sizes, and other variations, for both general duty and short-range applications and an expansive range of workpiece materials, hole sizes and finishes.