For When You're on the Go, Wear Your Computer
- Wearable Computers Get Real. Chinnock, Chris // Test & Measurement World;Oct98, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p15
Reveals innovations in wearable personal computers (PC). Input and output devices of wearable computers; Cost of wearable PC; Manufacturers of wearable PC.
- FROM DESK TO NECK: THE PC AS FASHION. Kirkpatrick, D. // Fortune;1/13/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p79
Announces that in a few years, people may start their day by strapping on a computer instead of a watch. NEC Corp.'s visions; Various types of wearable computers; Commercial versions by 1996.
- FUTURESHOCK Fashion. // Computer Bulletin;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p32
Forecasts the growth of the wearable computer market. Thinking Materials' efforts to design clothes incorporating wearable computers; Infineon Technologies AG's ongoing development of chips that can be woven into fabrics.
- Mobile Computing in Healthcare. Finch, Clarke // Health Management Technology;Apr1999, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p64
Explores the emergence of mobile computing in the United States healthcare industry. Sales of mobile computers; Opportunities of organizations having mobile computers; Views on the emergence of mobile computing in the healthcare industry.
- Android Wear to support off line music playback. // Electronics Weekly;9/17/2014, Issue 2600, p10
The article reports that Moto 360, the first Android wearable with a round display will support off line music playback.
- Cyborg for a Day. Ditlea, Steve // Popular Mechanics;Sep99, Vol. 176 Issue 9, p76
Evaluates the Mobile Assistant IV, the second generation of wearable computers from Xybernaut. Features of the wearable computer; Price of the system.
- Wearable computers coming soon. // Design News;5/18/98, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p40
Presents information on the Independent Processor Module (IPM) wearable computer from the Boeing company. Information on Advance Humionics Platform (AHP); Details on the module.
- PCs test portable PC power. // Engineer (00137758);9/13/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7611, p5
Reports on the participation of officers with the Metropolitcan Police Force in the evaluation of a prototype of a wearable computing technology based on a small personal computer.
- Wearable computers: the new fashion-ware for the future. Albright, Brian // Frontline Solutions;Dec2002, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on the factors influencing the cause of declined price of wearable computer in the U.S. Advancement in speech recognition technology and head-worn display products; Improvement of packing accuracy; Ability of wearable computers to produce cost savings and improve customer service. ...