XML: The Latest iTechnology--Internet and Integration
- XML Pointer from W3C (Book). // Database & Network Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p18
Reports that the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has issued the Extensible Markup Language (XML) Pointer Language (Xpointer) Recommendation, the Xpointer Framework, the Xpointer Element Scheme and the Xpointer XMLNS Scheme. Features of the Xpointer Framework; Functions of the Xpointer scheme;...
- Publishing XML Content with XSL. O'Keefe, Sarah S. // Intercom;Jan2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p34
The article discusses the programming language Extensible Stylesheet Language specified by the World Wide Web Consortium. It mentions that this programming language is needed in processing of XML, XSML. Extensible Stylesheet Language is used in converting XML content into PDF or HTML. Several...
- Transforming GMLto Presentation Languages by Extending XSLT. Pazoky, Sajjad Hassany; Hakimpour, Farshad // Journal of Geographic Information System;Feb2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p59
Diversity of practices and methods in all fields is the basis of emerging standards in different areas. World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has standardized eXtensible Markup Language (XML) as a very convenient tool to structure data for numerous purposes. OGC standardized Geography Markup Language...
- The Leap to a More Meaningful Web. Dunn, Tricia // IEEE Internet Computing;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p11
Details the First International Semantic Web Conference held in Sardinia, Italy in June 2002, which focused on various Web-related topics including Web mining. Benefits from ontology languages and metadata; Challenges that should be addressed concerning the Semantic Web; Role played by XML in...
- XML Schema. // Network Dictionary;2007, p536
An encyclopedia entry about "XML Schema" is presented. Introduced as a W3C Recommendation in May 2001, XML Schema is one of the many XML schema languages. It was the first separate schema language for XML to receive Recommendation status by the W3C. It was designed with the purpose of validation...
- Scheming schemas. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;4/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p40
Features the Web service, XML Schema Definition (XSD). Language used by XSD; Structure of XSD; Description of data types.
- Window-shopping. Borck, James R. // InfoWorld;9/17/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p58
Focuses on a 2001 InfoWorld Test Center Research Report on the adoption of Extensible Markup Language (XML)-based Web services in the United States. Applications of XML; List of standards developing out of XML; Benefits of XML.
- XML Emerges as Web's Next-Generation Lingo. Iler, David // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p47
Focuses on the use of Extensible Markup Language (XML) in the World Wide Web (3W) applications. Flexibility of XML in handling data from multiple sources; Development of XML by the 3W Consortium; Employment of document type definitions and style sheets.
- How standards, support help you. Blankenhorn, Dana // B to B;09/25/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 15, p26
Reports on the use of extensible markup language (XML) in the World Wide Web. Benefits from using XML; Definition of the elements of invoice; Content management costs.