Math-Based: More Than the Numbers
- GM to push common manufacturing with partners. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News;6/24/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5988, p6
Reports the call of General Motors (GM) with alliance partners to adopt its manufacturing system. Prevalence of the Global Manufacturing System applications; Advantages of the machinery; Industrial benefits of the system to GM.
- GM Manufacturing Wants To Be Common. Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;Feb2000, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p75
Focuses on the automobile manufacturing process of General Motors Corp. Objective of combined manufacturing and engineering process of the company; Significance of their plan to create commonality between brownfield and greenfield sites; Information on their facility in Antwerp, Belgium.
- For GM Europe, small is the next big thing. Feast, Richard // Automotive News;4/15/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5979, p51
Features the automobile manufacturing approach of General Motors Corp. in Europe. Focus on smaller assembly plants; Details of anideal assembly plant according Michael Burns, president of General Motors Europe; Comparison with approaches employed by other car manufacturers; Relevance of...
- Fast And Flexible. Beard, Tom // Modern Machine Shop;Aug99, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p127
Focuses on high speed production machining. Benefits from high speed machining (HMS); Reasons for its use by GM Powertrain company; Disadvantage of performing multiple operations on a single machining platform; Variables that need to be monitored in HMS. INSETS: THE NEW PROCESS;Keep It In The...
- GM Is No Longer .com Challenged. Sorge, Marjorie // Automotive Industries;Sep99, Vol. 179 Issue 9, p5
Comments on e-GM, an online manufacturing process from General Motors (GM) Corporation. Effective way of implementing e-GM; Goal of the company; Manufacturing method of GM.
- Manufacturing In Motion. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Feb2003, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant of General Motors in Michigan. Cadillac automobile models produced by the plant; Comments from one of its executive Troy A. Clarke concerning the manufacturing capabilities of the company; Essential aspects of the company's manufacturing strategy.
- 10 assembly plants down; 9 are GM. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;2/26/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5918, p50
Reports that ten automobile assembly plants are down for inventory adjustment as of February 26, 2001. Number of plants owned by General Motors Corp.; Location of the plants; Statistics on car and truck production in North America.
- GM breaks the (casting) mold. B.R. // PC Week;11/27/95, Vol. 12 Issue 47, PCWeek Executive pE8
Talks about the General Motors which is developing sensoring devices and special software to collect data from different manufacturing cells, measure its performance and to chart all these on a computer in real time. Details on the other initiatives taken up by the company; Cost of the...
- Intelligent Safety Networks. Nabrotzky, Ed // Control Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p12
Explains the significance of Intelligent Safety Networks (ISN) to the manufacturing process. Features of ISN; Information on the ISN plan implemented by General Motors; Timetable for emerging ISN networks.