The Ford Transit: Transforming a Dilemma Into Success
- Ford offers snow mobile. Sinek, Jeremy // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p10
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s offer of the Aerotrac minivan to Canadian Ford and Mercury dealers. Aerostar XL five-seater as the basis of the minivan; Standard option package; Pricing.
- Ford upgrades Ecostar safeguards. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;12/26/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5584, p29
Reports on the upgrading of the electronic surveillance of the two battery that powers Ford Motor Co.'s Ecostar. Increasing of the van's battery monitoring function by 50 percent; Two fire incidents in 1994.
- Comfort is the key to Ford's new Louisville. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;6/26/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5611, p18
Features the Ford Louisville tractor series. Dimensions; Transmissions; Engines; Fuel tanks; Wheelbase. INSET: Mayflower unit to build cabs in Ohio, by William R. Diem..
- Mondeo moves toward Taurus. Lehmann, Hans // Automotive News;1/15/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5641, p2
Presents a photograph of the Ford Mondeo, slated to be launched in Europe in late 1996. Styling cues; Features of the notchback version.
- Meet the Ford `Suburban'. // Outdoor Life;Sep94, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p12
Features the Centurion Classic sport-utility vehicle from Ford. Models 150 and 350; Interior design; Options; Specifications.
- World car. Scott, David; McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;May93, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p27
Offers a preview drive of the Ford Mondeo, a mid-size car introduced in Europe that is a high-tech replacement for the Sierra. Features; Styling; Engine; Performance.
- Mr. Mondeo's defense. // Automotive News;3/8/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5489, p45
Cites negative press reactions to the styling of Ford's $6 billion baby, the Mondeo world car. Ford of Europe development official John Oldfield known as `Mr. Mondeo.'
- Japan to import Mondeo. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;3/15/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5490, p4
Reports on the plan of Ford of Japan to import a right-hand-drive version of the Ford Mondeo. Manufacturing sites for the Mondeo; Other Ford models to have a right-hand-drive version; General Motors' and Chrysler's vehicles with planned right-hand-drive versions.
- The king's new clothes. // AutoWeek;9/25/95, Vol. 45 Issue 39, p16
Evaluates the automobile Range Rover 4.0 SE. Features; Engine specifications; Road performance.
- Owners' voices. // AutoWeek;9/25/95, Vol. 45 Issue 39, p17
Presents some of `AutoWeek' magazine readers' comments on the automobile Range Rover 4.0 SE. Improvements in the Range Rover; Praises for the styling; Problems with the rear-seat legroom.