What Were They Thinking?
- 3 Chrysler concepts: Plastic, pizzazz, power. Kisiel, Ralph // Automotive News;1/5/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5747, p30
Looks at Chrysler Corp.'s use of plastic in the bodies of four concept vehicles at the 1998 North American International Auto Show. The Plymouth Pronto Spyder, two-seat roadster having injection-molded plastic body panels; The possibility that the Chrysler Chronos sedan will become the flagship...
- A coup for the coupes: 7 two-doors to have premieres. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;1/5/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5747, p30
States that at least five production coupes and two concept two-door vehicles will be introduced at the 1998 North American International Auto Show. Vehicles making their debut at the Detroit, Michigan show; Production vehicles, including the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup...
- Pilgrim at the auto show. Moses, Sam // AutoWeek;2/5/96, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p10
Comments on car manufacturers' new model debuts and displays at the 1996 Detroit auto show opened to the public. Comparison between production cars with concept cars; Concept cars on display.
- Concept Vehicles Steal the Show. Koucky, Sherri; Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;03/09/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p84
Features the cars exhibited at the 2000 North American International Auto Show. Viper GTS/R; RX-EVOLV; Avalanche; MD-X; Vision SLR; Dodge MAXXcab; 300 Hemi C; Ford Equator; Jeep Varsity.
- Geneva lacks market-ready stars. Catterall, Mark // Automotive News Europe;02/28/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p20
Unveils the production and concept cars launched at the Salon International de l'Automobile 2000 in Geneva, Switzerland. Allroad Quattro from Audi; Sebring car from Chrysler; Luxury limousine called Buran from ItalDesign; Fiat's Ecobasic concept.
- Urban guerillas. McCosh, Dan // Popular Science;Jan2000, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p66
Describes concept cars introduced at the 1999 Frankfurt International Motor Show in Germany and the Tokyo Motor Show in Japan. DaimlerChrysler's Java automobile; Toyota's Will Vi four-seater automobile; Volkswagen Concept D automobile; Pininfarina's Metrocubo automobile's electric drive and...
- Friends, gossip and sore feet. Wright, Chris // Automotive News International;Feb2001, p42
Focuses on the things the author like and dislike about automobile shows. Excitement in seeing concept cars; Criticism of the loud music and dancing girls during automobile shows; Opportunity to interview key executives.
- Future showroom stuffers or the stuff of dreams? Robinson, Aaron // Automotive News;1/11/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5801, p16
Features several concept automobiles showcased at the 1999 North American International Automobile Show. Chevrolet Nomad; Toyota XYR; Cadillac Evoq; Dodge Charger R/T; Nissan Z; Nissan SUT; Mercedes Vision SLR; Mitsubishi SSU; Buick Cielo.
- French Firms at the Paris Show: Styling. Kimberly, William // Automotive Design & Production;Dec2002, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p26
Presents information on the 2002 Paris International Motor Show in Paris, France. Automobiles featured; Companies which participated; Concept cars for French manufacturers.
- What a concept. Piasky, Jeff // Boys' Life;Jun98, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p30
Unveils the favorite concept cars at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. Jeep Jeepster; Plymouth Pronto Spyder; Buick Signia; Mitsubishi HSR-VI; Why automakers design these kind of cars; Features and capabilities of the cars.