Financial Planning Needs to Discover Its 'Ruby Slippers'
- Growing on merit - not by compulsion. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;5/2/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p2
The author reflects on the Australian government's Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) legislation and the impact of its ratification on financial planners in 2013.
- An untidy legislative legacy. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/25/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p2
The article presents the author's insights regarding the impact of unfinished legislations on the financial planning industry, such as the Tax Agent Services Act (TASA), Future of Financial Advice (FOFA), and the Stronger Super initiatives in Australia.
- Amendments to FOFA's opt-in requirements will benefit consumers and industry. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Jun2012, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p29
The article announces the approval of the amendments to the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) reforms aimed at raising standards across the financial planning profession in Australia which will take effect in July 2013.
- Para troupers. Cann, Nick // Money Marketing;12/16/2010, p24
In this article the author discusses the role of paraplanners on financial planning businesses.
- ISN attacks FPA insurance commissions stance. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;3/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the move of the Industry Super Network (ISN) in attacking the statement on the retention of insurance commissions of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia as proof that the financial advice industry cannot self-regulate against conflicts of interest.
- Financial planners perform well in a crunch. Kennedy, Chris // Money Management;2/11/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p8
The article presents research findings on the positive performance of financial planners in the financial planning industry in Australia, as depicted in the "Future Ready IV" report that showed positive client retention and profitability in the industry despite crisis.
- CPD QUIZ. // Money Management;5/2/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p26
A quiz concerning financial planners and the financial planning industry is presented.
- The Human Touch in Action. Green, James J. // Investment Advisor;Sep2012, p136
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the financial planning industry.
- CPD Quiz. // Money Management;6/7/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p26
A quiz concerning the financial planning industry in Australia is presented.