The Health Coverage Crunch: Are Planners Dealing with It?
- Opportunities and Challenges for Adolescent Health Under the Affordable Care Act. Tebb, Kathleen; Sedlander, Erica; Bausch, Sara; Brindis, Claire // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2089
The purpose of this commentary is to highlight some of the key policy changes under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) that have the potential to improve health care services for adolescents as well as to draw attention to challenges that have yet to be addressed. This...
- Reaching Out to the Underserved: A Successful Volunteer Program. Ahmed, Syed M.; Maurana, Cheryl A. // American Journal of Public Health;Mar2000, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p439
The article focuses on a volunteer program, developed through a community-academic partnership, that is aimed at addressing the health care needs of the underserved and uninsured people in Montgomery County, Ohio. Partners involved in the program include the Montgomery County Medical Society,...
- Clinic provides workable model. Jones, Frederic G. // Modern Healthcare;10/25/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p28
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "AAFP Questions IOM Report on Nursing," published in the October 11, 2010 issue.
- Uninsured bleed hospital coffers. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the approval of the budget allocation for uninsured patients that depend on Charity Hospital by the legislature in New Orleans, Louisiana. According to several executives, such as Les Hirsch, Tara Lachney and Dr. Mark Peters, the $120 million budget would not cover the...
- Advisers must account for CI rebroking to get PI renewed. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;5/6/2004, p3
Reports that professional indemnity (PI) insurers in Great Britain are turning their attention to critical illness (CI) insurance rebroking. Requirement for independent financial advisers to account for CI rebroking to get their coverage renewed; Concerns of PI brokers about CI insurance.
- Uninsured to grow. Oloroso Jr., Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;2/13/95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p16
Predicts the growth in the number of Illinois residents without health insurance due to fundamental changes in the state's job market. Number of uninsured residents in 1993; Comparison of 1983 and 1993 figures; Results of the study on U.S. Census data conducted by the Chicago-based Physicians...
- Giving uninsured a shot in the arm. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;09/21/98, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p16
Focuses on insurance in New York, with emphasis on uninsured in that state. Number of uninsured persons in New York; Reference to a report on uninsured in New York; Impact the increase in uninsured could have on that state; Comments from James R. Tallon, president of the United Hospital Fund;...
- Health care execs bring insurance reform campaign to Arlington. Carter, Wayne // Fort Worth Business Press;10/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the promotion of a campaign of the Healthcare Leadership Council to reduce the uninsured population in the United States. Participation of Fort Worth, Texas health care executives David Halbert and Michael Freeman in the campaign called Health Access America; Availability of health...
- Coalition draws attention to plight of uninsured. Krisberg, Kim // Nation's Health;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1
Provides information on the Cover the Uninsured Week campaign in the U.S. Number of uninsured individuals in 2001; Highlights of the event; Organizations that joined the health insurance campaign.