This Month In
- 5 Special Days in March. // Highlights;Mar2006, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p2
The article focuses on the five special days in March.
- CALENDAR BUSINESS EVENTS. // San Diego Business Journal;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p37
A calendar of events in San Diego, California for May 2007 is presented. A conference entitled "Recent Changes to the Income Tax Code" presented by Myers Financial Group will be held in May 29. The seminar "lunch and learn" of Energy Curtailment Specialist will be held in May 30. A financial...
- Cleaning My Closet. Reiniger, Meredith Elizabeth // Empty Closet;Mar2005, Issue 377, p6B
Focuses on the designation of March as Women's History Month. Information on women who had a contribution in history; Reasons for celebrating Women's History Month; Changes that were made to improve the treatment of the society for women.
- March 2007. Ratcliffe, Martin; Talcott, Richard // Astronomy;Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 12, special section p5
The article presents a calendar of events in astronomy observation for March 2007. Included are dates on which the Moon passes other celestial objects such as Saturn, Regulus, Antares, Jupiter, Mars, Neptune, and Mercury. Also included are dates on which there is a total lunar eclipse, a partial...
- Government Benefits Update 2008. // Benefits Quarterly;2008 2nd Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p61
An excerpt from an annual update on Old Age Security payments in 2007 and 2008 rate for the Canada Pension Plan and Quebec Pension Plan and the history of those values from 1966 to 2008 that was published in the January 2008 issue of the journal "Watson Wyatt Special Memorandum" is presented.
- Five reasons to install, upgrade or otherwise be content with a qualified retirement plan. Tacchino, Kenn B. // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun95, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p11
Discusses five reasons for consideration of a qualified retirement plan by every business in America. Tax savings; Effective business operation; Nonqualified problems; Advantages for business owners; Making retirement affordable; Conclusion.
- Got some money coming?--surf the Net. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p59
Announces the nationwide search for some 3,000 American workers earning more than 10 million dollars in pension benefits by the Department of Labor. Constituent of a listing of the people being sought after in the Pension Search Directory of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation in the...
- Future stock. Giles, Karen // People Management;06/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p73
Looks at the implications of old age pension schemes for employees in Great Britain. Change in pension systems among organizations; How to make employees understand the value of pension benefits; Stand of the government on pension programs.
- Reforming Private Pension Plan Administration. Niland, Powell // Business Horizons;Feb76, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p25
On Labor Day 1974, President Gerald Ford signed into law a comprehensive and complex piece of legislation titled the "Employee Retirement and Income Security Act of 1974" (ERISA). Some features of the law, especially tax provisions, are extensions of existing pension regulations, but many of the...