The Price of 'Rich' Is Getting Higher
- Research notes. // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p327
Presents a summary of the research `Money, to Value, to Price, to Exchange, and More Money,' by Edward S. Phillips. How the natural rate of employment in relation to total productivity sets the market value of all final goods and services as aggregate supply.
- Living wage survey. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Oct2014, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
No abstract available.
- HIGH LIVING COSTS WORRY HILL DWELLERS. // Ebony;Nov1946, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the expensive residential fees paid by African-Americans who live at Sugar Hill in Harlem, New York, and slums near the area.
- A NEW MODEL. Bernard, A.R. // Ebony;Jun2011, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p112
The article presents thoughts of the author regarding standards of living and the models by which African-American communities are measured.
- Penny-pinching and Prudent. Korn, Donald Jay // Black Enterprise;May2009, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the results of a Financial Crisis Survey conducted in the U.S. about how African Americans are adjusting to tough economic times. It states that the loss of investment value has become a major concern for 36% of respondents. It mentions that majority of respondents worry...
- Thrill of the hunt. // Journal of Property Management;sep/oct2006, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the survey on the spending patterns of middle-income Americans by The Boston Consulting Group in the U.S. It revealed that more than half of the Americans enjoy higher standard of living because of savvy shopping, according to the survey. It showed that Americans are...
- NASHVILLE, TN. Holmes, Tamara // Black Enterprise;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p94
Presents information on the results of a survey about Nashville, Tennessee. Statement issued by Nashville African American Vice Mayor Howard C. Gentry Jr. regarding the cost of living in the city; Percentage of job growth; Universities located in the city.
- WASHINGTON, D.C. Jones, Joyce // Black Enterprise;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p98
Presents information on the results of a survey about Washington, D.C. Statement issued by city councilman Adrian Fenty regarding the community policy of the city; Percentage of African Americans in Washington; Rate of cost of living index in the city.
- AFT survey shows teacher pay insufficient. // American Teacher;May/Jun2007, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p3
The article discusses a survey administered by the American Federation of Teachers in which many educators complained about insufficient salaries. The survey found that teacher's salaries do not adjust with inflation and remarked that many schools have high teacher turnover and difficulty...