Voting and Nonvoting in China: Voting Behavior in Plebiscitary and Limited-Choice Elections
- Star Search: Do Elections Help Nonclemocratic Regimes Identify New Leaders? Malesky, Edmund; Schuler, Paul // Journal of East Asian Studies;Jan-Apr2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p35
A commonly proffered theory to explain the use of elections in authoritarian regimes is that they help identify talented young leaders who can be groomed for leadership positions. Unfortunately, due to the difficulties of obtaining data in authoritarian settings, this hypothesis has not been...
- Vigencia del continuo ideolÃ³gico izquierda/derecha durante las elecciones presidenciales de 2011 en Lima - PerÃº. Rottenbacher de Rojas, Jan Marc // PsicologÃa (02549247);2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p281
This study analyzes the relationship between political ideology, voting behavior and emotional responses after Peruvian presidential elections in 2011. Scales of intolerance for ambiguity, need for closure, right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) and the right-wing political orientation were used to...
- The Most Insidious Legacy of the Yugoslav and Soviet Regimes. // Transitions Online;8/8/2011, p6
The article discusses the political conditions in Ukraine and the Soviet Union 20 years ago. It is stated that authoritarianism had promoted the confidence of people who live in Russia and Ukraine, where a fear of the future had set in. A politics that had been captured by business interests and...
- A red herring dressed as reform. Bend, Jamie // Public Finance;06/21/2002, p37
Comments on how the British government responds to concerns regarding the implementation of remote online voting system. Details of the trials made for electric voting; Benefits of the voting mechanisms; Discussion on the report released by De Montford University.
- We Vote! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Sep2008, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses voting, election and voting in class.
- Casting the net over the next US election. // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p7
Reports on the organization of the Secure Electronic Registration and Voting Experiment by the Federal Voting Assistance program which will enable U.S. citizens and services personnel overseas to cast their votes through the Internet. Use of the system to collect voter registrations, provide...
- Oregonians Post Their Ballots. Rust, Michael // Insight on the News;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p19
Discusses the replacement of the traditional ballot box with a system of mail-in voting in elections in Oregon. Results of the election by mail-in voting; Votes cast for presidential candidates Al Gore and George W. Bush.
- News IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/8/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p8
A quiz about the article "1 Kid, 1 Vote," published within the issue is presented.
- The gender gap in Utah voting. Wilson, Ted // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/04/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p26
Examines voting trends in Utah. Voter choices in the November election; Reasons of voters for switching voting choices; Gender gap in voting.