Proposed bioenergy and bioproducts tax incentives
- Forget the budget, now it's tax-cut time. // U.S. News & World Report;6/17/96, Vol. 120 Issue 24, p12
Considers how Bob Dole and President Bill Clinton are advocating tax cuts. Efforts to win voter support in the election year; Clinton's proposed tax credits for college.
- France placates farmers with plant fuel plan. Patel, Tara // New Scientist;2/27/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1862, p18
Reveals that the French government is pushing ahead with an expensive plan to step up biofuel production despite studies that have found biofuels for vehicles is neither economically nor environmentally justifiable. Pressure from the country's farming lobby; Results of reports on biofuel;...
- Biofuels directive accelerates. // Chemical Week;2/16/94, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the European Parliament's adoption of the European Commission's proposal for a biofuel directive. Decrease in excise duties on biofuels; Approval needed from the European Council of Ministers; Decrease in vehicle emissions with the use of crop-derived biofuels.
- Brussels blocks biofuels plan. // Chemical Week;1/1/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the European Commission's opposition to plans by France to grant tax relief on sales of biofuels.
- Should Congress Vote to Immediately End the Ethanol Blender Tax Credit and Tariff on Imported Ethanol? Con. // Congressional Digest;Oct2011, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p237
The article presents a speech by U.S. Senator Tom Harkin delivered on the Senate floor debate over the amendments to a Senate bill, the Economic Development Revitalization Act, on June 15, 2011 in which he discussed the importance of biofuels such as ethanol in decreasing the reliance on foreign...
- President's budget seeks an end to tax break for the middle class. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;2/2/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the 3.8 trillion U.S. dollars budget request unveiled by the White House which renews the Making Work Pay tax credit for fiscal 2011.
- Should Congress Vote to Immediately End the Ethanol Blender Tax Credit and Tariff on Imported Ethanol? Con. // Congressional Digest;Oct2011, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p255
The article presents a speech by U.S. Senator Carl Levin delivered on the Senate floor debate over the amendments to a Senate bill, the Economic Development Revitalization Act, on June 15, 2011 in which he discussed the the economic dangers of ending the U.S. tax credit to the ethanol fuel...
- Budget has tax-credit programs. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p1
Focuses on United States President Bill Clinton's fiscal 2000 budget. Revival of two tax-increase proposals in the budget and its implications for municipal bonds; Clinton's tax-credit programs and its implications for the market sector; Amount that the administration expected to raise over...
- Tax cuts: Clinton and Congress feed the wealthy. Miller, John // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec97, Issue 214, p43
Reports that the Balanced Budget Agreement of 1997 is a tax cut for wealthy Americans. Statistics depicting the savings; Description of how budget design allows most of the benefits to go to the rich; Information on various tax credit in the act.