Cautioned on competencies
- Discrimination and defamation. Wilson, Beth // Legaldate;Mar98, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Reports on a court's decision permitting a ban on women from entering or working at two clubs for gay men in Melbourne, Victoria. Comparison to a similar case involving Melbourne University in 1990.
- Committee on Elimination of Discrimination Against Women. // Women's International Network News;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
Highlights the 11th session of the Committee on Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) held on January 20-31, 1992 in Vienna, Austria. Matters brought to the attention of states parties; Comments on specific provisions of the Women's Rights Convention; Recommendations for...
- USA National Committee on UN/CEDAW. // Women's International Network News;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the failure of the United States government to ratify the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women. Call for all women in the US to write to their Senators and request that they support the ratification of the convention.
- Report of Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women. // Women's International Network News;Spring90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
Presents an abstract of the report of a committee from the United Nations General Assembly on February 8, 1990 on the elimination of discrimination against women.
- Germany: Greens propose anti discrimination law. Laaser, Ilse // Women's International Network News;Spring90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p64
Reports on the German Green Party's proposal of an anti-discrimination law for women. Reasons for an anti-discrimination law.
- Gender earnings differentials in LDCs: The case of Pakistan. Ashraf, Javed // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1990, Vol. 18 Issue 1, Number 1 p89
Examines levels of discrimination against women in Pakistan. Magnitude of the earnings gap between males and females; Component of the gender earnings gap that arises from pure discrimination; Existence of considerable wage discrimination against women.
- Discrimination in Taiwan. // Asian Pacific Post;11/5/2009, p7
The article discusses the discrimination against mainland Chinese women in Taiwan.
- `How schools shortchange girls'--a new report. Shields, Charles J. // Curriculum Review;May92, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p3
Deals with the report `How Schools Shortchange Girls' commissioned by the American Association of University Women (AAUW). How contributions and experiences of girls and women are still ignored in textbooks used in schools; Cases of girls receiving less attention from classroom teachers;...
- Brokers still treat men better than women. Wang, Penelope // Money;Jun94, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p108
Looks at a survey which suggests that sales representatives at national and regional brokerages take female investors less seriously than male investors. Results of a `Money' magazine survey; Differences in amount of time that brokers spend with male and female customers; Other differences.