Sick nurses cost trusts ...1.8m
- Happy Nurses don't call in sick. // RN;Apr78, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p33
Deals with the initiative of Bayfront Medical Center in Saint Petersburg, Florida that will prevent absenteeism of nurses. Overview of the primary nursing care technique of the hospital; Effect of the technique on staff involvement; Factors that influenced absenteeism of nurses.
- Sickness among nurses. Ootim, Bissoondial // Nursing Management - UK;Oct2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p26
Discusses sickness absence among nurses in Great Britain. Information on the National Health Service Plus network launched by Health Minister Hazel Blears intended for general practitioners and carers who suffer from ill health; Effect of sickness absence on nursing staff; Coping strategies...
- WELLBEING INITIATIVES KEY TO REDUCING ABSENTEEISM. // Nursing Standard;8/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p11
The article reports that sickness among nurses, midwives and health visitors has increased from April 2009 to March 2010, and nursing leaders are requesting more support for wellbeing initiatives to decrease absenteeism.
- Work factors as predictors of sickness absence: a three month prospective study of nurses' aides. Eriksen, W; Bruusgaard, D; Knardahl, S // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Apr2003, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p271
Provides information on a study that identified the work factors that predict sickness absence in nurses' aides. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- Interventions aimed at improving the nursing work environment: a systematic review. Schalk, Donna M. J.; Bijl, Marloes L. P.; Halfens, Ruud J. G.; Hollands, Louk; Cummings, Greta G. // Implementation Science;2010, Vol. 5, p34
Background: Nursing work environments (NWEs) in Canada and other Western countries have increasingly received attention following years of restructuring and reported high workloads, high absenteeism, and shortages of nursing staff. Despite numerous efforts to improve NWEs, little is known about...
- Learner nurses absenteeism in the nursing schools at Capricorn District, Limpopo Province, South Africa. THOBAKGALE, E. M.; LEKHULENI, M. E.; KGOLE, J. C. // African Journal for Physical, Health Education, Recreation & Dan;2013 Supplement, Vol. 19 Issue S1, p182
This study was designed to determine reasons for learner nurses absenteeism in the nursing schools in Capricorn district, Limpopo Province. A descriptive cross-sectional quantitative design was used to describe factors that contribute to absenteeism of learner nurses in the nursing schools at...
- Minimizing Absenteeism in the Workplace: Strategies for Nurse Managers. Harter, Tonya W. // Nursing Economic$;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p53
Focuses on the approaches used by nurse managers to reduce absenteeism in the workplace in the United States. Causes of absenteeism; Effect of absenteeism on employee morale, hospital cost and continuity of patient care; Differentiation among four paradigms of organization behavior.
- Feedback cuts sick rates. // Nursing Management - UK;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the significance of giving feedback to nurses on their sick leave status which can reduce the frequency of absenteeism in Great Britain as of May 2003. Results of Canadian studies on absenteeism; Influence of feedback-giving on absentee rates.
- READERS PANEL. In sickness and in health. Clarke, Julie; Jebb, Paul; Tantam, Kate; Crumbie, Alison // Nursing Standard;9/7/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p26
Answers are offered to a question of whether attendance rates should impact the pay increases of nurses.