- McAlpine and Atkins feed refinancing market. // Public Private Finance;Feb2005, Issue 90, p11
Reports on two 25% stakes of the Secondary Market Infrastructure Fund in Mercia Healthcare, the project company manager of the private finance initiative (PFI) scheme for Hereford Hospitals NHS Trust, England. Profit of the sellers McAlpine and WS Atkins; Decision of the sellers to withdraw from...
- Hereford Hospital Prescribing Study: description and usefulness. Barnett, J. W.; Alexander, A. W.; Hutchby, J. P.; Wood, J. P.; Bond, B.; Young, D. W. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep1981, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p661
The mode of operation of a computer-based information system designed to link information about drug usage to diagnostic data is described. Details of the cost of this system are given. It is shown that the running costs are approximately Â£20 000 per year. Examples are given of the uses made...
- FTC settles dispute with Calif. group. // Automotive News;1/1/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5639, p27
Reports that the Federal Trade Commission has approved a consent agreement between Santa Clara County Motor Car Dealers Association and San Jose Mercury News newspaper. Reasons for dispute between companies.
- Negotiating style in the 21st century will become essential. Warschaw, Tessa Albert // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/19/98, Issue 322253, p10
Discusses the importance of negotiating style in business. Confusion of style with image; Nonverbal language; Timing; Use of space; Language.
- Negotiating to win-win. Story, Mark // NZ Business;Aug95, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p28
Describes the trend in the practice of negotiation tactics by New Zealand businessmen. Shortcomings in negotiation tactics employed; Comment by General Manager of Affco Meats, Graham Murray, on company policy on negotiations; Methods of women negotiators, and some advice on successful...
- Power-negotiating tips. Dawson, Roger // Corporate Detroit;Jul96, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p55
Provides tips for successful bargaining negotiations. Go through the process of negotiating; Nibbling; Flinching; Trading off; Position for easy acceptance; One-minute negotiating primer.
- Getting cozy. // International Business: Strategies for the Global Marketplace;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p15
Examines the importance of a casual and personal environment when negotiating business in Mexico. Advantages of a Mexican interpreter when negotiating; Comparison of how business decisions are made in Mexico and the United States; Impact of culture on business negotiations in Mexico.
- Let's make a deal. Kennedy, Danielle // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p104
Reports that successful business negotiations are based on respect, not hard-sell tactics. Rule against getting exhausted when preparing for a negotiation; Importance of staying neutral; Strategy for dealing with a person who forces you to take a position.
- Firm inks cellular and paging pact with AT&T. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p17
Reports on the contract negotiations to become a cellular air-time reseller and a paging service agents, between U-Tel Communications, Salt Lake and AT&T Wireless. Comments by Travis Wilson, vice president.