A level playing field
- The crackdown on part-time workers. Furchgott, Roy // Self;Dec93, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p96
Discusses the Internal Revenue System's (IRS) crackdown on part-time workers in the United States. Public relations expert Margaret Crossen as a casualty of the IRS war on companies; Non-payment of employment taxes by companies that hire part-time workers; Misclassification of employees by a...
- Firms back part-time welfare-to-work jobs. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p11
Reports that the British Government's welfare-to-work program for long-term unemployed people is likely to be extended to include part-time and permanent jobs in 1997. Feedback from British employers about the program; Recommendations of the Great Britain Employment Service with regards to the...
- Lords' pension ruling to cost firms billions. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;2/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p14
Assesses the consequences of the Law Lords' ruling that a claim for pension rights of part-time workers lodged under the Equal Pay Act of 1970. Information on the cases collectively known as Preston and others versus Wolverhampton Healthcare NHS Trust and others; Criteria for part-time workers...
- PARITY MOVE. Harding-Hill, Rebecca // People Management;4/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the proposed amendments to regulations governing the employment of part-time workers in Great Britain. Comparison between part-time workers and full-time workers; Decision of the House of Lords on the case of Preston versus Wolverhampton Healthcare Trust in 1998. INSET: FIXING THE RULES.
- Part-time Job Release Scheme for older workers. // Accountancy;Jun83, Vol. 94 Issue 1078, p8
Focuses on British Government's introduction of a scheme to encourage older workers to work part-time in the years before they retire. Goal of providing part-time jobs for unemployed people in Great Britain; Popularity of Full-time Job Release Scheme.
- Full rights, half the time. // People Management;5/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p22
Answers several queries about flexibility and part-time work rules in Europe. Definition of part-time workers under the Part-time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2000; Information on the rules about benefits for part-time workers; Annual leave to which workers are...
- Part-timer plans face challenge. Rana, Eila // People Management;3/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p13
Deals with the employee definition of Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry's (DTI) regulations on part-time work. Criticisms by trade unions on the government's narrower definition of employee; Potential role of the definition in some workers' rights; Reasons DTI had chosen to use...
- DTI `incompetent' over working regulations. // Public Finance;04/07/2000, p15
Informs on criticisms against the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry after admitting failure to meet the April 7, 2000 deadline for delivering new regulations on part-time work. Criticism from the British Chambers of Commerce; Comments from the Confederation of British Industry.
- Part-time fund unveiled. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/2/2007, Issue 2752, p7
The article focuses on The Quality Part-Time Work Fund unveiled by the United Kingdom government. The fund is to create part time work schemes for women at senior levels in the travel industry. Travel companies can submit tenders explaining the plans and benefits and the government will announce...