Ethnic graduates shun Ford
- Ford revises minority supplier plan. Connelley, Mark // Automotive News;12/2/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5689, p3
Reports on a decision by Ford Motor Company in the United States to become more involved in minority sourcing, by offering more work to fewer suppliers. Creation of an operating strategy; Comments from executive director of manufacturing procurements for Ford, Dan Davis; Objective of Ford's...
- Ford Motor Company enlists retirees to help minority suppliers. // Jet;06/09/97, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p51
Announces that the Ford Motor Company plans to launch a program to enlist retirees to help minority suppliers. Ford's commitment to supporting strong growth in the minority supply community and increasing company sourcing from minority suppliers by a certain percentage by the year 2000; Details...
- Darcus Howe. Howe, Darcus // New Statesman;12/13/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4314, p21
Comments on the changes in the composition of the minority employment at the automobile plants of Ford Motor Co. Expansion of the number of Asian and blacks workers; Work discrimination filed against the company by a group of Asians and blacks.
- Ford On Track to Increase Spending With Minority- and Women-Owned Businesses in 2010. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;10/6/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p7
The article offers information on the increase in Ford Motor Co.'s spending in 2010 to source 10% of purchases with minority- and women-owned businesses in the U.S.
- Ford hikes buys from minority suppliers. // Automotive News;5/9/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5550, p4
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s sales to minority-owned suppliers in the United States in 1993. Ford vice chairman Allan Gilmour's speech at the National Association of Black Automotive Suppliers conference.
- Notre Dame gets Ford Motor Co. MBA scholarships. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/3/95, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p37A
Announces the establishment of a scholarship program by Ford Motor Co. for minority students at the University of Notre Dame.
- Ford On Track to Increase Spending With Minority and Women-Owned Businesses in 2010. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;10/13/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p4
The article reports on the plan of Ford Motor Co. to increase its minority- and women-owned sourcing investments by 10 percent in the U.S.
- Ford relies on 2-part ethnic ad plan. Mitchell, Jacqueline // Automotive News;6/21/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5825, p30
Focuses on Ford Motor Co.'s advertising strategies designed for ethnic markets in the United States as of June 21, 1999. Company's advertising expenditures for the Hispanic and African-American communities.
- Ford drafts retirees to give minority suppliers a hand. Couretas, John // Automotive News;5/12/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5712, p4
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s expansion of its technical assistance to minority-owned automobile parts suppliers by recruiting retirees to provide engineering and manufacturing consulting help. Superb Manufacturing Inc. chairman Dave Bing's optimism about Ford's plan; Ford's funding of the...