Stressed staff could crack under pressure to conform
- E-mail saves $$ for Alberta MDs. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p1372
Reports on the Alberta Medical Association's use of electronic mail to correspond with its members. Cost savings and interactivity of this medium as the main benefits.
- Abstracts of Papers Presented at the Connective Tissue Oncology Society 4th Annual Scientific Meeting, 12-14 November 1998, Vancouver, BC, Canada. // Sarcoma;Mar1999, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p43
Presents abstracts of papers presented at the Connective Tissue Oncology Society 4th Annual Scientific Meeting. 'Clinical Aspects of Giant Liposarcomas in the Retroperitoneum,' by Th. van Dalen, N. van Geel et al; 'Stromal Sarcoma of the Stomach,' by M. Peiper, C. Bloechle et al.
- Osteoporosis care in Hungary. Poor, Gyula // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1999, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p429
Comments on osteoporosis care in Hungary. Initiatives of the Hungarian Osteoporosis and Osteoarthrology Society; Establishment of a national osteoporosis program in 1994; Prevalence for women and for men.
- BIOETHICS CONSULTATION in the PRIVATE SECTOR. // Hastings Center Report;May/Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Presents the results of the bioethics consultation paper conducted by a task force convened by the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities and the American Society for Law, Medicine and Ethics. Features of bioethics consultation; Technique for minimizing the risks of bioethics...
- NUBC seeks to expand membership base. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan94, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the National Uniform Billing Committee's (NUBC) expansion of its membership. Delivery healthcare proposed changes of Group Health Association of America for managed care; Representative from the institutional long-term care provider group; Representative from the home health care...
- Report on the Royal Dutch Society of Medicine on `life-terminating actions with incompetent... // Issues in Law & Medicine;Winter91, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p365
Presents the report of the Royal Dutch Society of Medicine (KNMG) on `life-terminating actions, with incompetent patients, part I: severely handicapped newborns.' How life-terminating actions occurred in neonatal intensive care practice; Reasons for terminating the life of severely handicapped...
- HEALTHCARE CATEGORIES INDEX. // Medical Meetings;Nov2009, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p19
An index of medical associations in the U.S. is presented.
- American Lung Assn hosts bike trek. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/01/96, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p45
No abstract available.
- Largest national healthcare associations. // Modern Healthcare;4/28/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p33
This section presents a list of the largest national healthcare associations in the U.S. based on their revenue in 2006, including the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, the American Medical Association, and the American Hospital Association.