Are Traditional Agency Principles Effective for Internet Transactions, Given the Lack of Personal Interaction?
- 3 Towards a Legal Framework for Electronic Commerce--European Initiatives. // Hume Papers on Public Policy;1999, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p39
Focuses on European initiatives on legal framework for electronic commerce. Distance selling directive; Definition of distance contract; Problem of spamming; Formation of contract.
- China's Dot-Communism. Kalathil, Shanthi // Foreign Policy;Jan/Feb2001, Issue 122, p74
Deals with the Internet regulations published by the Chinese government as of October 2000. Requirements for Internet information services providers; Regulations on news gathering; Percentage of investment allowed for foreign businesses.
- "Liquid" Information in the Wild West of e-Commerce. Moss, Mark Richard // Information Management Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the challenges of legislating electronic commerce and the Internet in the United States. Laws regulating the Internet; Information on the case of Russian computer programmer Dmitri Sklyarov.
- Internet Law Under Construction. Rutkin, Alan S. // Best's Review;Jul2000, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p82
Analyzes the creation and application of Internet law in the United States. Problems of courts in reviewing factual issues of Internet-related cases; Lack of precedents; Questions on the jurisdiction of Web sites; Difference between promotional and transactional Web sites; Impact of Internet...
- Net Bills Lead Hefty Agenda. McManigal, Barney // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p122
Reports on the Internet- and electronic commerce-related legislation being considered by the United States Congress as of May 1, 2000. Provisions of the proposed laws; Digital-signatures security and warranty legislation.
- Multistate Taxation. Derito, Douglas J.; Santos, W. Carter; Holyfield, Shon // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Nov99, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the taxation of the Internet and electronic commerce in the U.S. as of November 1999. Information on the Senate Bill 1433 introduced by Senator Fritz Hollings to the Senate on July 26, 1999; Provisions under the Senate Bill 1583 approved by Hawaiian lawmakers; Details of the Internet...
- Internet Privacy Principles. Gregoire, Christine O.; Lockyer, Bill // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Winter2002, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p29
It will be incumbent upon policy-makers to balance traditional privacy concerns and expectations with legitimate business and consumer interests and determine what issues should be addressed by new legislation, anticipated technological advances, consumer education efforts, self regulation, or...
- E-commerce, Virtual Contracts and Consumers Protection Legal Issues. Tosi, Emilio // Bocconi Student-Edited Legal Papers;dic2015, Issue 6, p45
The paper offers an overview on contracting legal emerging issues in the Internet and Virtual Spaces: from the initial ludic phase of the Internet through later commercialization until the recent development of EU Digital Single Market (DSM).The commercialization of the Internet and the huge...
- Individual Privacy--Probably Gone Forever, With Internet Driving Final Spike Into Fundamental Concept. Zinkewicz, Phil // Insurance Advocate;06/12/99, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p6
Focuses on the study `E-Commerce and the Law,' commissioned by the Independent Insurance Agents of America. Legislation on privacy in the Internet; Survey conducted by the Federal Trade Commission; Challenges uncovered in the study.