Placements widely available
- Paid employment among U.S. college students. Stern, D.; Nakatani, Y. // Journal of Higher Education;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p25
Discusses trends in paid employment among college students. Increases in percentage of college students who work for pay during the academic year; Affect on student performance in school; Differences in paid employment between males and females;The National Longitudinal Survey of Youth Labor...
- It's Wall Street over `Baywatch' in search for summer work. Thompson, Neal // Christian Science Monitor;7/30/96, Vol. 88 Issue 171, p3
Reports on the shortage in college students who want to work as lifeguards. Preference for career-oriented jobs during summer such as internships, a job on Wall Street or a position in a congressional office; Implications of college students' preference for career-oriented jobs on the society;...
- College students are upbeat about job market. // Westchester County Business Journal;08/11/97, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p17
Reports on New York area college students' positive attitude towards finding jobs. Survey conducted by Lee Hecht Harrison; Realistic expectations about starting salaries.
- Working your way through college. Witte, M. // Career World;Apr92, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p20
Examines how six college students balance a full study load with part-time work. What they pay for, what they don't; Other money they receive for college tuition; How working affects school performance; What they do with the little free time theyhave; Time organizer.
- Endnotes. Kritz, F.L.; Burke, S. // U.S. News & World Report;3/12/90, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p89
Lists addresses to obtain `The National Directory of Internships' for college students (the library may have a copy); Nintendo has designed a controller called `Hands Free' for disabled kids without the use of their hands, and includes telephone numbers and prices.
- Thinking about a part-time job? // Campus Life;Dec94, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p36
Discusses the positive and negative aspects of getting a part-time job while attending college. Delaying part-time work until after one's first year; Preparations for a future career; How many hours it is wise to set aside for work.
- The University of South Dakota Business Placement Bureau 1989-90 summary. Iverson, Gene B.; Knutson, Denise // South Dakota Business Review;Dec90, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p1
Presents the University of South Dakota Business Placement Bureau's summary of student placement and recruitment for the school year 1989-1990. Factors affecting students' placement; Types of employment.
- Intern's turn. Tooley, J.A. // U.S. News & World Report;7/22/91, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p10
Considers the number of college students doing unpaid interning for the summer, especially at those companies where part of the work force has been let go. CBS News, CNN, Lord & Taylor, Merrill Lynch; Paid internships; Impressive credentials.
- Measuring student outcomes in postsecondary vocational education: Using wage record data. Azari, Cynthia E. // Community College Review;Winter96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p37
Describes the educational and employment outcomes of 1988 vocational education graduates and program completers from Washington community colleges using a wage record database. Types of jobs secured; Geographic mobility; Earnings progression; Extent to which students were employed in positions...