Government seeks review of complicated Tupe rules
- A fairly contracted process. McMullen, John // People Management;9/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p18
Looks at the issues concerning the consultation paper on Great Britain's Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment (TUPE) Regulations 1981, which deals with workers' rights on privatization and contracting-out in the public sector. Information on government's plan to apply the Cabinet...
- Trends and case law developments. // Employers Law;Oct2007, p1
The article reports on issues surrounding the Transfer of Undertakings Regulations 2006. The new Regulations also make important changes to the rights and duties of the new employer following a transfer. Pension rights have changed placing more onerous duties on new employers to provide pension...
- Setting ground rules. McMullen, John // People Management;3/2/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p25
Examines the court case Playle versus Churchill Insurance Ltd., CGA Group Ltd. and CGA Direct Ltd. concerning the transfer law of businesses in Great Britain under Tupe. Decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal on the case; Rights of a worker under Tupe in business transfers; Definition of an...
- Rights of transfer. Foxwell, Mark // Printing World;6/16/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 11, p24
Presents some of the provisions of the Transfer of Undertakings Protection Employment Regulations, in which potential purchasers of printing businesses should be mindful of. Protection of the workforce by preserving their terms and conditions of employment; Possibility of a purchaser to face...
- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p26
Reports on issues concerning business transfer law in Great Britain as of January 22, 1998. Identification of staff employed in an undertaking; Developments on the case `Hassard vs. McGrath and Northern Ireland Housing Executive'.
- Government to renege on jail for elders? // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;3/31/97, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the government's call for a repeal of a provision of a law signed by President Bill Clinton in 1996 making it a crime for elders to knowingly transfer an asset in order to qualify for Medicaid.
- Transfer Act forces sellers to bring environmental skeletons out of the closet. Doty, Jeffrey A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/25/93, Vol. 14 Issue 30, Focus p20B
Discusses the Indiana Responsible Property Transfer Law or the Transfer Act. Application to commercial property; Purpose of disclosing `environmental defects' of property; Definition of `environmental defect'; Criteria to be met by property; Requirement of reporting chemical inventories.
- TUPE update. McMullen, John // People Management;5/15/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p46
Presents a guide to developments in business transfer law. Analysis of European cases; Formal contract existing between transferer and transferee.
- Property Transferred in Connection With the Performance of Services Under Section 83. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/18/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 117, p36229
A correction to the article related to property transfer published in the May 30, 2012 issue of the journal is presented.