Settlements on the rise
- The situation of unemployed people and state policy in the labor market. Chetvernina, T. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on unemployment and state policy in the labor market in Russia. Unemployment compensation; Expenditures of the employment fund; Regional unemployment patterns; Regional unemployment compensation schemes.
- Critical situations in regional labor markets. Garsiia-Iser, M.; Golodets, O. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the rehabilitation of the regional labor market in Russia. Employment and unemployment patterns; Discussion of the labor movement; Circumstances important for decision making by power structures at the federal level; Factors causing the correlation of supply and demand in regional...
- Labor Markets: Outlook. // Taiwan Country Monitor;Nov2011, p7
The article offers information on the outlook for labor market in Taiwan in which jobless rate is expected to increase as new graduates joining the market continue to exert pressure.
- Labor Markets: Recent Developments. // Taiwan Country Monitor;Nov2011, p7
The article offers information on the developments in labor markets of Taiwan wherein employment increased by 30,000 in August 2011.
- Labor Markets: Outlook. // Israel Country Monitor;Nov2011, p7
The article offers an outlook on the labor markets of Israel in 2011 and beyond.
- The Youth Market: A Valuable Resource. Kimmerling, George F. // Training & Development Journal;Jul86, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p58
No abstract available.
- Guest Editor's Introduction. Shunfeng Song // Chinese Economy;May/Jun2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p3
Introduces a series of articles which discussed how China can design better policies to improve the efficiency of the rural labor market.
- The labour market and trade unions at the South African periphery: Lesotho and Transkei. Southall, Roger // African Affairs;Oct94, Vol. 93 Issue 373, p565
Analyzes the long term decline of South Africa's labor market, particularly those of Lesotho and Transkei. Government's responses to labor militance; Limits and possibilities of trade unionism during labor surplus; Impact of recent return to civilian rule in Lesotho and reintegration of...
- Workers shortage squeezes local manufacturers. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/8/94, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the shortage of workers among manufacturers in Cleveland, Ohio. More overtime by manufacturers due to the situation; Companies testifying to the lack of skilled workers in their labor force; Remarks.