MBA to heighten service ethos among the clergy
- Listening to employers. Machalski, Jan; Riley, Alison; Aubrey, Karl // Adults Learning;Mar2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p24
The article discusses how a group of foundation degree lecturers from Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln (BG) dealt with the difficulties of engaging with a new group of employers when adding a strand to an existing foundation degree for learning practitioners. It mentions the demand...
- The human costs of graduate education; or, the need to get practical. Watt, Stephen // Academe;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p30
Considers the need to lessen the human costs of graduate education in the United States. Employment crisis faced by graduate students; Ways of alleviating the placement problem; Financial dilemma faced by graduate students in completing their degrees; Problem with the fetishization of the book...
- Universies granting too many doctorates. // USA Today Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 124 Issue 2607, p15
Reports that more doctorates in science and engineering fields than the economy can absorb is being produced by American Universities. Rand Corporation and Stanford University's Institute Research study; Academic and science organizations argument; Economic models.
- Advancement potential through graduate education. Schmidt, Richard J. // Adult Learning;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the importance of graduate education in the United States military in the 1990s. Educational background of enlistees to the military; Probability that advanced education will assist in promotion; Examination of the Navy's approach to graduate education; Comparison between officers...
- Japanese graduate education and its problems. Ushiogi, Morikazu // Higher Education;Sep97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p237
This paper analyses why the highly developed Japanese system of school and undergraduate education seems inversely proportional to student numbers proceeding to graduate education. Only a few do proceed. Traditional attitudes, which are not supportive of graduate education, are shown to stem...
- Graduate school program trends continue shifting. Slowik, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses the trends in master's programs offered at various colleges and universities in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Untitled. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Summer94, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p72
Presents question and answer on finding the school that is best for a graduate with a master's degree in special education. Issues to consider in investigating graduate schools.
- How to succeed in graduate school. Rovaris Sr., Dereck J. // Black Collegian;Oct95 1st Semester, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p144
Presents tips for succeeding in graduate school. Shortage of African Americans with advanced degrees; Politics of graduate school; Department breakdown; Social life; Race matters.
- Ph.D. rankings. // U.S. News & World Report;3/18/96, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p109
Offers numerous charts that rank several types of graduate schools in the United States. The top programs, as determined by a `U.S. News' survey, in the biological sciences, chemistry, computer science, geology, mathematics and physics; The top specialty programs in those fields as well.