Ambulance services join forces
- The overkill award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/3/94, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p1
Criticizes the proposed transfer of oversight of ambulance service in Brookhaven, New York to district boards.
- Innovative ambulance service billing. Gomez, Rachel Welch // Public Management (00333611);Apr96, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p27
Focuses on Plano, Texas' innovative ambulance service billing. Plano Fire Department's total collections for fiscal year 1994-1995; Benefits of the reimbursement method for taxpayers; City's decision to bill insurance companies directly for ambulance services.
- Ambulance companies examine non-traditional business. Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 16 Issue 24, pB5
Discusses the related business opportunities developed by major ambulance companies in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Services provided by companies' communications centers and educational departments; Health and safety education to business and industry; Contract dispatching; Challenges facing the...
- Ambulance network on drive for efficiency. Jurek, Ken // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/07/96, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p19
Reports on the alliance among ambulance services in Ohio to compete with larger players entering the health care market. Ohio Ambulance Network Inc.'s efforts to provide group purchasing, marketing, training programs and managed care contracting for members; Reduction of administrative and other...
- The accidental heroes. Finkelstein, Katherine Eban // New York;08/11/97, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p42
Looks at the Bedford-Stuyvesant Volunteer Ambulance Corps (BSVAC), a volunteer ambulance service in New York City. The history of BSVAC, started by two paramedics, Joe Perez and Rocky Robinson; A look at BSVAC in action.
- New training center. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/16/95, Vol. 6 Issue 38, p28
Presents a photograph of Sloper-Willen Community Ambulance Service officials during dedication of an emergency service operations and training center in Wappingers Falls, New York.
- Ambulance wars. Snow, Charlotte // Modern Healthcare;07/14/97, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the proposed lease of an ambulance service in rural Kentucky by Columbia/Hospital Caterer's Association Healthcare Corporation as it is being threaten by a possible lawsuit from competing ambulance operator. Why is the agreement to pursue a lease between Columbia and Logan County...
- Ambulance computer system was `too complicated.' // New Scientist;11/14/92, Vol. 136 Issue 1847, p7
Focuses on the collapse of London's computerized amublance dispatch system and an investigation into the cause of its collapse two weeks ago. Who will lead the inquiry into its failure; Paul Williams, a computer consultant who will take the main responsibility into evaluating the computing side...
- Life & death award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/18/96, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p1
Reports on ambulance corps in Long Island, New York. Reduction of delays by the Smithtown Fie Department ambulance corps response time by transferring calls to other corps; Number of calls answered by ambulance corps within ten minutes.