`McJob' image first target in burger recruitment war
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p3
The article presents updates related to food service industry in the U.S. Burger King plans to launch a value menu of 1 dollar items. IT was found out that the food service industry had the highest rate of increase in job growth. McDonald's Corp. decided to set the price of its first-quarter...
- BK introduces Big King burger. // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/01/97, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p28
Reports on Burger King Corp.'s introduction of its new Big King burger which is 75 percent more beef than McDonald's Big Mac.
- Whopper of An Idea. BAZILIAN, EMMA // Adweek;8/31/2015, Vol. 56 Issue 28, p4
The article presents the author's views on the "burger wars" between McDonald's Corp., American owner and operator of fast-food chain restaurant, and Burger King Corp., American global chain of hamburger fast-food chain restaurant.
- BK to boost `98 media by $15M. Benezra, Karen; Stevens, Shannon // Brandweek;11/17/97, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p37
Reports that Burger King, will increase its advertisemnt war in 1998 as it aims to push its brand globally and drive individual restaurants with a mix of new products and more impactful promotions. Included in the 1998 promotions of the company; McDonald's plan of speeding up its production...
- Stage set for BK, McD C-store scuffle. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;6/13/94, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p3
Reveals that the main thoroughfare of the North Myrthle Beach, S.C. has emerged as the latest battleground between Burger King and McDonald's in their drive to develop nontraditional locations. Use of franchisees to spearhead their competition; Teaming up with gasoline stations and convenience...
- McD's Whopper battle. Whalen, Jeanne // Advertising Age;1/9/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p29
Describes McDonald Corp.'s Super Bowl-themed burger commercials. Effect of Burger King competition; Remarks on store sales growth; Description of television spot; Advertising investment for Big Mac pricing; Comparison of product prices between McDonald's and Burger King.
- Turf incursions: McD & Disney, BK & sports. Benezra, Karen; Stanley, T.L. // Brandweek;7/24/95, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p3
Reports on Burger King's (BK) challenge to McDonald's by stepping into the world of sports marketing with a promotion tied to college football. McDonald's entry into BK's motion picture marketing turf; Negotiation planned by BK of umbrella package involving several conferences; Disney...
- McD's group urges end to pricing war. MacArthur, Kate // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p21
Reports on the reduction in prices by McDonald's Corp. and its rival Burger King Corp. Launch of value menus of items by the two companies; Reluctance of McDonald's executives on involvement in price-fixing discussions; Prospects of collaboration between McDonald's and Burger King franchises...
- Take Care of Those Hungry Tweens. Sanson, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug99, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p14
Editorial. Provides information on the Big Kids Meal offered by Burger King and McDonalds in the United States. Target ages of the Big Kids Meal; Comments from Richard Taylor, vice president of marketing of Burger King; How the added menu affects the sales of both food chains.