Broward County, Fla., taps underwriters for planned $68 million of refundings
- Minnesota Sets $600M, Plans COPS for Later. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/5/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33161, p4
The article reports on the plan of the state of Minnesota to sell 600 million dollars of new-money and refunding bonds, and to return to the bond market with 66 million dollars of certificates of participation (COPS) later in the month. The plan would include the use of a negotiated sale for the...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F314, p1
Statistics are presented related to negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the U.S markets as of April 2014 including purchasing of school improvement bonds by RBC Capital Markets Corp., Refunding Bonds by Stifel Nicolaus & Co. Inc. and Refunding Lease Bonds by Raymond James & Associates Inc.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F314, p1
Statistics are presented related to competitive sales of municipal bonds as of April 2014 including purchasing of general obligation (GO) bonds by Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, GO refunding bonds by Raymond James & Associates Inc. and GO bonds by Robert W. Baird & Co. Inc.
- Mobile, Ala. to Soon Protest, Appeal IRS' Decision on 2006 Warrants. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/4/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F346, p1
Mobile, Ala., next week will file a protest and an appeal of the Internal Revenue Service's proposed adverse determination that some general obligation refunding and improvement warrants it issued in 2006 are taxable.
- Virginia County to refund COPs despite lawsuit. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30525, p4
Reports that the Loudoun County, Virginia, Board of Supervisors voted on November 18, 1998, on whether they will continue with the refunding of $30 million in certificates of participation (COP). Net present value savings of up to two million dollars expected as a result of the refinancing;...
- Florida Water District Preps $470M COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;6/10/2015, p26
The article reports on the South Florida Water Management District's preparation to refund certificates of participation (COP) sold in 2006 to purchase land that protects the Everglades wetland preserve. Topics covered include the COPs' financing of environmental restoration projects under a...
- N.Y. City Water Upsizes Sale to $300M. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2014, p10
The article reports on the decision of the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority to increase the sale of its tax-exempt refunding bonds as of September 2014. Topics covered include the financial services firms acting as co-senior managers in the transaction, including Barclays Capital,...
- Municipal Prices End Little Changed; $365 Million of S.F. Airport Bonds Sell. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p2
Reports the status of municipal bond prices in San Francisco Airport Commission revenue refunding bonds in California. Decrease of the gross domestic product; Improvement of the labor market; Trend of the interest costs.
- New York City Water Finance Agency Plans Refunding for Early October. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p7
Announces the marketing on the advance refunding bonds of the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority. Information on the deal with the Environmental Facility Corp. (EFC); Percentage subsidy granted by the EFC for the city debt service payments on the bonds; Factors to the refinancing.