Merrill sees decline in refunding deals
- Merrill Sees Growing Appeal to Foreign Banks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p32
Reports the taxable municipal deals of Merrill Lynch & Co. with foreign banks in the U.S. Link between municipal bond and income tax exemption; Views of John Hallacy, managing director of municipal bond, on the issue; Impact of international banking on the company.
- California At It Again. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/14/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32586, p1
The article reports on the plan of California government to refund $3.5 billion of state general obligation debt on March 28, 2007. Merrill Lynch & Co. is tasked to manage the plan while Citigroup Investment Banking, Goldman, Sachs & Co., and Siebert Brandford Shank & Co. will serve as...
- Merrill Warns of Steep Drop in 2d-Quarter Profits . Ring, Niamh // American Banker;6/27/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 123, p2
Reports on Merrill Lynch and Co.'s warning that it will miss 2001 second quarter earnings estimates. Chairman and chief executive officer David H. Komansky's comments on losses in the firm's equity and debt trading unit; Expected decline in profits for the quarter ending June 30, 2001; Slowdown...
- Morgan Stanley Cuts Estimates on Merrill. RIEKER, MATTHIAS // American Banker;12/26/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 246, p20
Reports that a Morgan Stanley analyst Henry McVey has deducted the Merrill Lynch & Co.'s earning estimates for the fourth quarter of 2002. Reasons behind the deductions; Affirmation of ratings for U.S. securities firms by Moody's Investor Service Inc.; Grades assigned to the companies.
- South East Asian inflation to rise. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Aug95, p8
Reports on the forecasting of economists of an increase in southeast Asian inflation rates. Expectations of inflation increase in Malaysia and Philippines by Merrill Lynch's Singapore office; Inflation in Indonesia fuelled by drought, minimum wages and commodity prices; Inflation in Thailand...
- Austin Readies $138M Refunding For Electric Utility; Target Is 4.3%. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/17/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32488, p30
The article reports on the decision of the city of Austin to sell electric utility system revenue refunding bonds worth $138 million, which is expected to yield present-value savings of at least 4.3 percent in Texas. The negotiated offering is managed by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. The city's...
- Development. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p12A
Reports on the continuance of the increase in the development bond issuance during the third quarter of 1997. Percentage increase in the municipal market issues from July to September 1996-1997; Amount of issues from the industrial development bonds; Brief discussion on the issues from the...
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 38, p48
Lists investment banks ranked by municipal bond underwriting. Citigroup Inc.; UBS Financial Services; Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Municipals Sell Off Modestly in February Amid Record Issuance. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p7
Reports on the sell of municipal bonds due to plentiful demand from institutional investors in the U.S. Statement of Philip Fischer, municipal bond strategist at Merrill Lynch & Co. regarding the price of the municipal bonds sell; Inconsistency of large portion of muni bonds and pay coupons;...