Casino action speeds up Mississippi road bond issues
- Texas County to Sell Pass-Through Toll Debt to Aid Highway Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p3
The article reports that Grayson County, Texas will go to the market on January 18, 2007 with an offering of $64.5 million of pass-through toll revenue and limited-tax bonds. The financing will accelerate construction of an expansion of state Highway 289. The deal marks one of a few similar...
- Road bond questions persist among Kyle council. SEVILLA, ANDY // Free Press (Buda, TX);2/13/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 46, p1A
The article reports that citizens of Kyle, Texas wanted to know the specifics of the road bond worth $36 million that was presented by the city council for a vote.
- Denver suburbs plan toll debt to step up road construction. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p5
Discusses the plans of suburb communities in Denver, Colorado to speed up road construction in the area by using toll bonds to complete an outer loop. Initiative made by two groups to continue the E-470 loop through Denver's northern suburbs; Reasons for completing the highway construction.
- Bonds for privately built, state-owned toll road in Virginia ready for sale. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30417, p30
Focuses on the construction of a state-owned but privately built highway on the South of Richmond, Virginia using $348 million of toll revenue bonds issued by the Pocahontas Parkway Association. Provision of Virginia's 1995 Public-Private Transportation Act; Advantages of allowing the...
- Muni Prices Are Firm as Massachusetts' $600 Million of Gans Opened to Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p2
Reports that underwriters have opened the multimillion Massachusetts federal highway grant anticipation notes to retail investors. Firming of municipal bonds in sympathy with Treasury gains as stocks fell.
- WEST VIRGINIA: Lawmakers Weigh Road Bonds. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p9
The article focuses on the possibility that West Virginia lawmakers may decide to sell bonds to bolster an ailing state road fund. Officials estimate that the state's road system will require $287 million in additional revenue despite a $1.1 billion budget that includes matching federal highway...
- Florida Moves on 2d P3. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p1
The article reports on the second major public-private partnership proposal of the state government of Florida for the $1 billion road project in central Broward County. The roadway improvements proposal by the Florida Department of Transportation will be finished through a complex concession...
- S&P assigns an investment-grade rating to bulk of South Carolina road bonds. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;01/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30307, p31
Reports on Standard & Poor's issuance of an investment-grade rating to most of the $192 million of toll revenue bonds to be launched by Connector 2000 Association Inc. to finance the construction of a toll road near Greenville, South Carolina. BBB-minus ratings for two of the three series of...
- Pennsylvania agency plans forward swap to fund roadways. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p1
Reports that the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is looking into the derivatives market for a forward swap of $250 million of motor vehicle registration fee-backed bonds. Use of bonds to finance the construction of the Mon-Feyette Southern Beltway; Disruption of bond sale by lawsuit filed by...