S&P veteran leaves to join parent as VP
- Instructors and students offered direct access to S&P financial data. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the development of an education version of Market Insight database by McGraw-Hill/Irwin and Standard and Poor's. Online information source that provides financial data on United States companies in the S&P Compustat database; Benefits of the service for teachers and students of...
- Revenues for Standard & Poor's Climb by 10% in Second Quarter. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p7
Reports on the rise in revenues earned by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp., a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill Cos., during the second quarter of 2003. Profits earned by the rating agency; Factors that led to the rise in its revenues; Growth in the rating industry.
- Standard & Poor's Renames Key Group. // Information Today;Dec1991, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has changed the name of its Retail Investor Services division to the Equity Investor Services Group. The announcement was made by Michael K. Hehir, executive vice president-operations. Standard & Poor is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McGraw-Hill...
- Standard & Poor's Compustat Adds SmallCap 600 to ExecuComp. // Information Today;Jan1996, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on an announcement by Standard & Poor's Compustat, a division of the McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., that it has added the population of the S&P SmallCap 600 Index to ExecuComp, its electronic database of key executive compensation information. Designed with the input of expert...
- McGraw-Hill. Corty, Michael // Morningstar StockInvestor;3/15/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the stock price performance of information-services company McGraw-Hill, as of February 28, 2006. Role of the firm's credit-rating business, Standard & Poor's, in its wide economic moat; Details of the company's operations; Fair value estimate for the company.
- A New Measure of Earnings from an Unexpected Party. Levinsohn, Alan // Strategic Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p63
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S&P), the credit rating and information services company owned by McGraw Hill, has developed a methodology for a standard operating number. The article explains the S&P "core earnings" number adjusts net income to account for expenses from stock-option...
- CALENDAR. // MediaWeek;1/30/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p24
The article presents a calendar of events related to the U.S. mass media. The annual Media Summit of McGraw-Hill Cos. will be presented with Digital Hollywood and Standard & Poor's in February 2006. Paragon Media plans to offer Media Seminars across the country. The 2006 AAAA Media Conference &...
- Leo O'Neill dies, 64. // Power Economics;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p10
Presents a tribute to Leo O'Neill, former president of ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp., who died of cancer in 2004. Comments on O'Neill by Harold McGraw, chairman of McGraw-Hill, parent company of Standard & Poor's.
- Group Publishers' Report: McGraw-Hill. // Min's B2B;3/26/2007, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on the growth of McGraw-Hill in the U.S. According to the author, Glenn Goldberg, president of information and media at McGraw-Hill says that the key to their growth is integration. Goldberg also adds that they now offer more online analytic tools that can help prepare and...