MBIA, CapMAC complete their merger
- Presence of rivals in MBIA acquisition of CapMac puts focus on overseas. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;12/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30293, p32
Focuses on the pending acquisition of CapMAC Holdings Incorporated by MBIA Incorporated. Description of the filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Circumstances surrounding the acquisition. INSET: Evolution of an acquisition.
- MBIA, CapMAC discuss possible merger. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p3
Presents information on mergers in the insurance industry, highlighting the possibility of a merger between MBIA Incorporated and CapMAC Holdings Incorporated. Background information on the two companies; Financial information on the companies; Comments from Richard P. Smith, Standard and...
- Potential MBIA, CapMac merger could indirectly alter Muni... Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/31/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30264, p2
Reports on the merger between MBIA Incorporated and CapMac Holdings Incorporated. Rising market share of MBIA; Information about Capital Markets Assurance Corporation; Interest of MBIA in CapMac.
- Asian turmoil prompts MBIA, CapMac to revise merger pact, stock buyout. Richtmyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p40
Reports on the revision of the terms of the merger agreement between MBIA Inc. and CapMac Holdings Inc. Standard & Poor's downgrading of the claims-paying and issuer credit ratings for Asian Securitization and Infrastructure Assurance Ltd. partially owned by CapMac Holdings; Reasons why the...
- CapMAC's income shows 14% decline. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30344, p31
Reports on the financial performance of CapMAC Holdings Inc. for 1997. Net income; Fourth-quarter results; Factors contributing to CapMAC's decline in income.
- CapMAC Holdings (KAP). Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;10/05/96, Vol. 107 Issue 39, p33
Features CapMAC holdings, a leading insurer of asset backed obligations in both the domestic and international capital markets. Company history; Financial issues and revenues; Management schemes.
- Swiss Re purchases share of N.Y. financial guarantee insurance. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;08/04/97, Vol. 101 Issue 31, p33
Reports that Swiss Reinsurance Company has purchased one million shares of the common stock of CapMac Holdings. How the stock was purchased; Approximate number of CapMac shares outstanding; Estimated percentage Swiss Re holds of that total; Location of CapMac's headquarters; Other information...
- Swiss Reinsurance buys 1 million shares of CapMAC common stock. // Insurance Advocate;08/02/97, Vol. 108 Issue 30, p26
Reports that the Swiss Reinsurance Co. has purchased one million shares of the common stock of CapMAC Holdings in a private placement.
- Swiss Re takes large stake in financial products organization. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;09/01/97, Vol. 101 Issue 35, p12
Presents information pertaining to the Swiss Reinsurance Company of Zurich, while focusing on the company's acquisition of one million shares of the common stock of the CapMAC Holdings company. Details on CapMAC Holdings outstanding shares; Comments by Peter P. Hugle, chief investment officer...