- the travel hub. // Travel Weekly (UK);8/14/2009, p27
A quotation from a member of the networking site, www.travelweekly.co.uk/travelhub, on Carnivore restaurant in Nairobi, is discussed.
- twitter HOSPITALITY'S TOP TWEETS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/21/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4661, p18
Several microblogs are discussed including one on Michelin stars-rating for British restaurants and one on the birth of baby boys of two staffers at Le Manoir in London, England.
- TABLE TALK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/16/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4790, p21
The article looks at some of the issues discussed at the social networking site Table Talk, which include new menu dishes from chef Simon Hulstone, the opening of chef Jon Coomb's Pendleton Restaurant in Surrey, England, and chef Heston Blumenthal's visit to the Elephant Restaurant in early...
- SHIFTING TO SOCIAL MEDIA ILLEGAL JACKS, EDINBURGH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/18/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4704, p29
The article offers information on the use of social networking websites as part oft heir marketing strategy by restaurant Illegal Jack's South West Grill.
- FINDING DINNER ON THE SOCIAL NETWORK. Neumann, Patti // Baltimore Jewish Times;3/21/2014, Vol. 337 Issue 3, p36
The article discusses the potential of social networking websites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram of business promotion and mentions the posts of diners on daily deals on such websites.
- Social networking sites for restaurants create spaces for insiders to connect. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;2/25/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the proliferation of online social networks for the restaurant and foodservice industry. Foodservice portals, BiteClub.com and FohBoh.com are designed to connect cooks, servers, managers, owners, vendors and consumers. BiteClub allows users to create their own profiles,...
- 7 Tips For Social Media on a Budget. D'Elosua, Sandy // Restaurant Hospitality Exclusive Insight;1/11/2012, p2
The article offers tips and ideas on managing social media with limited budget and manpower in the restaurant industry. It emphasizes the importance of time commitment and dedication, and monitoring affordable tools to managing social media. The relevance of listening and responding, and brand...
- The digitized revolution. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;11/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p38
The article focuses on the author's insights on the significance of digital technology on the restaurant industry. He stresses the need for restaurateurs to develop a comprehensive strategy and plan to establish or expand one's retail presence on Facebook as it has multimillion users that are...
- IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A RESTAURANT. Gross, Josh // Boise Weekly;8/22/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p32
The article offers information on the crowdfunding for restaurants as local restaurateurs are looking forward to crowdfunding instead of lending from banks. It mentions that crowdfunding is lending system which is online and gets operated via social networking sites such as Kickstarter.com or...