Turning Classifieds Into Cash
- Lehman sidesteps Wall St. bear. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;10/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p3
Reports the business success of financial firm Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in New York, New York. Increase of the payroll of the firm's employees; Alleviation of returns in equity; Efficiency of the workforce.
- Revamping the Supply Chain for a Global Economy. Asmus, Carl W. // World Trade;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p70
Discusses information on how companies can re-invent business operations and strategy to improve its supply chain performance. Factors that can affect any global business; Key issues that must be addressed; Approaches on how to set the stage for success.
- 1940-1959: From bombers to baby boomers. Gould, Todd // Indiana Business Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p64
Highlights some of Indiana's most successful business enterprises during the period 1940-1959. Include Fort Wayne's automotive-parts manufacturer Zolner Machine Works which assembled bomber plane components during World War II; Evansville's Seeger Refrigeration Co. which was later bought out by...
- Real-time financial reporting beckons. // Accountancy;Oct97, Vol. 120 Issue 1250, p14
Reports on the factors leading to the success of companies in Great Britain as of 1997. Results of a research conducted by Deloitte & Touche and Professor David Storey.
- Assessing the Season. Borowsky, Scott C. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p12
An introduction to the magazine is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how to succeed with licensed merchandise, another on how to stock edible products in country stores, and another one which offers advice on stocking the right...
- Assumptions can be costly in business. RAY, STEVIE // Buffalo Law Journal;12/27/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 104, p3
The article discusses the obstacles for businesses to follow the measures of success such as making decisions based on assumptions and catering to one's ego.
- Tech sector's surge stirs more optimism. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/14/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 15, pA8
In this article, the author discusses the business successes of several high-technology companies in Washington in 2011 including Advanced Input Systems, Advantage IQ Inc. and Itron Inc.
- The surprising truth about how innovation happens. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/6/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p7
Stresses that networks of people connected to each other and to new ideas produce innovation in the world. Instances on the topic; Pre-requisites of innovation; Suggestions for business success to firms of Hudson Valley, New York State and New Jersey.
- Perseverance pays off. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;07/07/97, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p1
Focuses on the business growth of the Golf Art/Crossways Gallery owned by Skip Rooney. Rooney's door-to-door business experience in Baltimore, Maryland; Rooney's plan to concentrate on golf-related art; Advertisement strategies; Availability of the gallery by appointment; Planned relocation of...