PaineWebber wins $250 million deal, for Maryland's lowest rate in 23 years
- PaineWebber Finds Model in MuniGroup.com. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/20/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1
Discusses the investment made by PaineWebber in United States electronic municipal bond system MuniGroup.com. Rationale for PaineWebber's investment; Equity partnership formed for an electronic secondary market for municipal bond trading; Features of MuniGroup.com's online system.
- Investors Sue Over N.J. Incinerator Bonds. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p5
Discloses the filing of a class action lawsuit against PaineWebber Inc. and the Mercer County Improvement Authority for alleged securities law violations in connection with bonds issued to build a trash incinerator. Jeopardized repayment of the debt after the United States Supreme Court...
- New trust company set for January. Smith, Pedro // Caribbean Business;11/21/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p6
Reports that the PaineWebber Trust Co. of Puerto Rico, a division of PaineWebber Inc., will start operations in January 1997. Appointment of Carlos J. Nieves to head the trust division; Objective of division; Target client base of corporate and government retirement plans; Support of division...
- PaineWebber shares tumble as takeover rumors subside. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;3/3/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p32
Presents information on the lowering of PaineWebber Group Incorporated's shares on March 02, 1998, as speculation that the company would be acquired subsided. Rumors surrounding the acquisition of the company; Stock performance after the deal did not materialize; Comments from Joan S. Solotar,...
- City mishandling of tax bill saves PaineWebber $7.3m. // Crain's New York Business;02/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the losses incurred by the New York City Department of Finance, as a result of a tardy tax audit which was mailed to PaineWebber Group Incorporated. How much money in corporate taxes which PainWebber owed the city; Wrong tax bill sent to the company.
- PaineWebber's mantra goes against Street model. Johnson, Ben // National Real Estate Investor;Jul98, Vol. 40 Issue 7, Wall Street Wrap p16
Focuses on the services and business strategies of PaineWebber's real estate group. Focus on long-term transactions; Set up of the real estate group as an independent operations unit within the company proper; Involvement with Paul Nussbaum's interest in hotels in 1993 and 1994; Services done...
- PaineWebber hopes for edge from new staff. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;03/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30342, p28
Announces PaineWebber Group Inc.'s expansion of its municipal securities group. Restructuring of the firm's municipal department staff; Expansion as a means of increasing revenue growth and providing continued improvement in service for the investors and issuer clients.
- Africa bond for phase II of San Patricio. Trinidad, Pablo J.; Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;5/25/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p7
Reports on Paine Webber Inc. of Puerto Rico's structuring of a $18.1 million Afica bond issue to finance the second phase of the expansion of San Patricio Plaza shopping center in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Release of the bond issue; Serial and trench bonds in the issue; Caparra Center Associates...
- PaineWebber's Cohn, outspoken analyst, is fired. Matthews, Gordon; Goldblatt, Jennifer // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p1
Highlights the dismissal of bank analyst Lawrence W. Cohn from PaineWebber Group Inc. Warning on inflated bank earnings to maintain momentum; Shift in the company's coverage of banks; Criticism of stock repurchase programs.