Colorado localities may face more taxation roadblocks
- Indiana to Release $212M in Overdue Payments to Localities. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/19/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32881, p36
The article reports on the announcement by Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels that the government would release $212 million in overdue payments to local government by the end of May 2008. The fund is intended to help offset the dramatic drop expected in local revenues due to newly enacted property...
- Senate approves tax/mandate relief bill. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/10/95 - 7/17/95, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p31
Reports that the New York State Senate has approved a bill adding six towns in Orange County to the list of municipalities which may levy a property tax against the state for the Palisades Parklands.
- Ark. hospital loses property-tax case. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p4
Reports on a ruling of the Arkansas Supreme Court on hospital property taxes, that a not-for-profit hospital must pay taxes on county property it leases on behalf of doctors. Reference to the ruling against Crittenden Hospital Association; Other information on hospital property taxes.
- WA: Members Oppose Local Parking Tax. // GPP eNews;4/8/2011, p4
The article reports that members of the Washington State Government Relations Committee opposed a bill to allow local governments to add a parking tax to the local property tax bill.
- Lawmakers weigh plans to ditch property taxes. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;3/2/94, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p1
Reports on lawmakers' plan to eliminate property taxes as the chief source of local funding. Michigan lawmakers' abolition of local taxes; Reason behind proposed abolition of property taxes; Public's resentment toward property taxes; States that have launched their own property-tax movements.
- Simply Speaking Ongoing debate. Simmons, Jimmie // Ellis County Press;12/15/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p3
The author discusses the 5.12% county property tax increase in Ellis County, Texas.
- Mississippi. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the property tax legislation in Mississippi. Whether the use of a temporary employment agency destroys an enterprise exemption; Municipality's right to grant an expanding enterprise exemption from property taxes.
- New Hampshire. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the property tax laws in New Hampshire. Right of municipalities to accept voluntary payments in lieu of property taxes from fully or partially tax-exempt properties; Provisions for land owners who do not meet the criteria for open-space land; Granting of discretionary easements.
- Property tax news. // Assessment Journal;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p16
Presents information pertaining to property taxes in the United States. Impact of provisions of a county property tax freeze imposed by the Iowa legislature; Why the chairman of the Kansas House Taxation Committee have requested that a 4-year-old lawsuit against the state be dropped; Details on...